Dynamic Duo not counting properly

Options
Bamasusan
Bamasusan Posts: 2 Newbie
I have noticed that dynamic duo isn’t giving proper credit for candies accumulated, especially when helping your partner. When I match what I’m trying to collect with a color bomb, I count the number I should get credit for and it’s always significantly less. I was on level 42 a few days ago and had earned at least 3 times the candies needed without credit and then I ran out of time and it reset to level one. This is the SECOND time this has happened. The last time on level 41. How can I get my game reset to level 42???
Please either fix dynamic duo or take it down!

Answers

• SagaR
    SagaR Posts: 187 Level 3
    Options
    Does this also happen a lot when you are collecting candies/levels for yourself in Dynamic Duo? If so, then it does sound like a glitch. But if it happens when you are collecting to help your buddy, then it's normal game behaviour. Once you have completed your part, Dynamic Duo says:

So, "part of your progress"; not "your progress". This unfortunately means that only part of what you gather is actually counted towards helping your buddy. For example, if the requirement is to pass six levels, you will need to pass 10-12 levels to get the full six. Likewise, if you need 50 colour bombs, in fact you have to collect about 70-80. I have not been able to find out what the actual ratio is, but something like that.

However, I'm happy that it is possible to help the buddy at all. This was not the case when Dynamic Duo first started (it was called the Buddy Challenge then).
  • _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,729 Sweet Legend
    Options
    Wow @SagaR I never knew that!  How did you find that out?
  • Khaos
    Khaos Posts: 523 Level 5
    Options
    Yes, it's double to sometimes triple the amount to help the partner. Sometimes, restarting the game will finally make the count, but it's definitely more to help the partner. Keeping count and lots of checking for what's still needed is how I noticed! @Elsa
  • _Elsa_
    Options
    You guys are very observant!  I never paid attention to that.
  • SagaR
    SagaR Posts: 187 Level 3
    Options
    @Elsa - Keeping the Dynamic Duo challenge alive has become pretty important to me over the past months (my buddy and I are currently at win streak 124) so I tend to pay extra attention and notice anything that might hinder the progress. =)
  • _Elsa_
    Options
    Wow @SagaR that is amazing that you have had the same buddy all this time.   Mine keeps switching so I never get beyond 2.
  • Renton
    Renton Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I think that I have seen a glitch in the Dynamic Duo working... Several times I believe I saw a message saying something like "Your buddy has collected 250 out of 200 green candies" but when I look at the buddy section on the app they still haven't reached their required amount. I think that what I may be seeing is the number of candies that I have collected on their behalf prior to being "proportioned" as spoken about above. It does come across as misleading when I see it... Has anyone else seen this?

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?