Favorite Food For Thoughts With Photo

Options
mercerik
mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
edited May 2019 in Off-Topic
Since I am limited to what I can put in the title, I just have to do everything I can to relay my message. I know that "Food For Thoughts" means something that warrants serious consideration. Don't you agree that food is one of them?

King Games are played by players all over the world. It is our chance to introduce the food that is served in the different countries in the world. Please add a photo and description of the food you are presenting and what goes along with it. 

You also share your favorite food that you enjoy from another country. It could be a an Appetizer, a Main Dish, or a Beverage. You may also share a recipe. 

Below is an Italian Garlic Bread With Herbs that I made this morning for lunch. It is made with Italian Bread, Butter, Minced Garlic, Mozzarella Cheese, Parmesan Cheese and Parsley. This is good with Spaghetti and other dishes.

Comments

• mercerik
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Cinnamon Chocolate Morsels Cookies

How Do I Prepare Them?

On my kitchen table with all the ingredients within my reach.

With my favorite Ghirardelli Chocolate Morsels' Combination

Shaped into a ball

Stuffed with morsels' combo inside and topped with
    4 of the 60% Cacao Bittersweet Morsels Outside.
    What more can you ask for?

Please check this out!

@Ashraf
    @bearwithme
    @Crimson_Dawn
    @firebombmarkus
    @Jelly Jenny
    @Sukanta_Biswas

• Sukanta_Biswas
    Sukanta_Biswas Posts: 24,932 Crushing Legend
    Options
    My favourite chicken biryani  :lol: At least 4 days a week  :awesome:

• mercerik
    edited June 2019
    Options
    @Sukanta_Biswas

I like Fried Chicken with Spanish Saffron Rice. They are among my comfort foods. 👍  What kind of peppers do you have there? Are they hot or mild?
  • Crimson_Dawn
    Crimson_Dawn Posts: 2,741 Level 5
    Options
    Hey, @mercerik! Does it have to be food we make?
  • mercerik
    Options
    It doesn't have to be. Not everyone cooks. It could be favorite food. @Crimson_Dawn
  • bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 16,010 Candy Moderator
    edited June 2019
    Options

One of my favorites (we actually discovered it in Okinawa Japan) is Taco rice. Make some sticky rice. While it is cooking you make the topping. You brown and crumble a pound of lean ground beef and then drain it, then you add taco seasoning and simmer for 10-20 minutes. I add some dried onions too. Then you put a scoop (or two) of the rice in a bowl, put the ground beef on top, add shredded cheese and shredded lettuce and you have Taco Rice. The only thing we do is instead of fresh tomatoes we usually put salsa on top. 
  • mercerik
    Options
    @bearwithme

Thanks for sharing the food that you like from Okinawa! I used to make some of those wrapped in homemade tortilla type of wrappers made with flour and water.  

I like Sticky, Sweet or Glutinous Rice. It is amazing that these are very cheap in Asia and cost a lot here. I am planning on buying some of those so I can make Puto, Palitaw, Bibingka dishes from the Philippines.
  • bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 16,010 Candy Moderator
    Options
    One of my favorite foods from the Philippines is Lumpia.  Do you make it @mercerik?
  • mercerik
    Options
    @bearwithme

I like both types of Lumpia from the Philippines. I know how to make them. Unfortunately, the ingredients are hard to find here. I would like to make the Bean Sprout with Tofu and Pork but I can't find fresh Bean Sprout anywhere here. The only Egg Roll Wrapper that I can find here is by Melissa which is not the same.

Have you tried Lumpiang Shanghai? It is made with ground Pork, Shrimps, chopped carrots, chopped green and white onions, minced garlic, chopped green & red bell peppers, chopped jicama, oyster sauce, soy sauce, fresh ground black pepper, and white pepper wrapped in Egg Roll wrappers and deep fried. These are dipped in Sweet Chili Sauce or Sweet and Sour Sauce. I usually make this with Crab Rangoon. Below is the photo..

• mercerik
    Options
    Homemade Asian Menu For Early Dinner 

Chinese Chicken & Vegetable Lo Mein with Sliced Lemon

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?