⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Why am I playing against complete strangers in the Champions race and not against my friends

AJN
AJN Posts: 15 Level 2
Hello,

I have been playing Candy Crush for a long time. I enjoyed competing with my FB  friends challenging each other on the leader board.  However, a few days ago my friends disappeared from Candy Crush and I'm now playing against people I don't know competing in the Champions race. 

Where has the leader board gone with my friends names? 

If I can't get the original format back I'm going to have to give Candy Crush up. 

Can someone please help me?

Thank you.  

Best Answer

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,682 Sweet Legend
    Answer ✓
    Thanks for tagging me @Khaos!  There are a few changes going on in the game right now and that might be one of them.  But, since I am not sure about this change, I will tag @Jelly Jenny who is the Community Moderator and might have some information on this.

Answers

• Khaos
    Khaos Posts: 523 Level 5
    edited May 2019
    Hello @AJN, did you make sure you weren't logged out of Facebook in the game? I was logged out of Facebook when the new My Account button was added. This button replaces the login to Facebook button. 
  • AJN
    Hi Khaos,  

Thank you for your reply and suggestion.  No I wasn't logged out of FB. 

Also, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Candy Crush app several times  on my phone and still it doesn't make any difference. 

Also, people have suggested it's because my friends are behind me on their Candy Crush levels.  This is wrong too as many of my friends are way ahead of me.  

Thanks once again.
  • Khaos
    Well, shoot! I will tag some people that can help. @Sukanta_Biswas @Elsa @firebombmarkus
  • AJN
    edited May 2019
    Thank you so much Khaos.

I know it's just a game but it's really annoying me. Lol    
  • Khaos
    Trust me @AJN, I know the feeling! You are quite welcome. Hope you get it resolved. 
  • _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,682 Sweet Legend
    Answer ✓
    Thanks for tagging me @Khaos!  There are a few changes going on in the game right now and that might be one of them.  But, since I am not sure about this change, I will tag @Jelly Jenny who is the Community Moderator and might have some information on this.
  • AJN
    Thank you very much Elsa.  I hope @Jelly Jenny will be able to answer my question.

• Jelly_Jenny
    Jelly_Jenny Posts: 1,889 Community Manager
    Hi @AJN :waving:

Unlike your progress leaderboard that shows how your personal Facebook friends are doing in the game, all races like the weekly race tend to have a mixture of your Facebook friends and randomly assigned Kingdom players. 

But if your progress leaderboard is mixed as well, could you send me a screenshot of the leaderboard so I can take a closer look? Thanks :)

• AJN
    Hi Jelly Jen,

Here is what I see.  There used to be a leader board when I completed a level with my friends names.  However, now all I see is this.  Names of random people I don't know.  I miss my friends and I miss being No. 1 on the Leader board. Lol

Thank you for your help.

• Khaos
    Oh, you meant the champions race. Since you won the weekly race, you were lumped in a group of other people that won the weekly race. When this race is over, you will see the weekly race again against your friends.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?