Why am I playing against complete strangers in the Champions race and not against my friends

AJNAJN Posts: 12 ✭✭
Hello,

I have been playing Candy Crush for a long time. I enjoyed competing with my FB  friends challenging each other on the leader board.  However, a few days ago my friends disappeared from Candy Crush and I'm now playing against people I don't know competing in the Champions race. 

Where has the leader board gone with my friends names? 

If I can't get the original format back I'm going to have to give Candy Crush up. 

Can someone please help me?

Thank you.  

Best Answer

Prev1

Answers

• KhaosKhaos Posts: 527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 31
    Hello @AJN, did you make sure you weren't logged out of Facebook in the game? I was logged out of Facebook when the new My Account button was added. This button replaces the login to Facebook button. 
    •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

• AJNAJN Posts: 12 ✭✭
    Hi Khaos,  

Thank you for your reply and suggestion.  No I wasn't logged out of FB. 

Also, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Candy Crush app several times  on my phone and still it doesn't make any difference. 

Also, people have suggested it's because my friends are behind me on their Candy Crush levels.  This is wrong too as many of my friends are way ahead of me.  

Thanks once again.
    Well, shoot! I will tag some people that can help. @Sukanta_Biswas @Elsa @firebombmarkus

edited May 31
    Thank you so much Khaos.

I know it's just a game but it's really annoying me. Lol    
    Trust me @AJN, I know the feeling! You are quite welcome. Hope you get it resolved. 

Thank you very much Elsa.  I hope @Jelly Jenny will be able to answer my question.

• Jelly_JennyJelly_Jenny Posts: 1,902 Community Moderator
    Hi @AJN :waving:

Unlike your progress leaderboard that shows how your personal Facebook friends are doing in the game, all races like the weekly race tend to have a mixture of your Facebook friends and randomly assigned Kingdom players. 

But if your progress leaderboard is mixed as well, could you send me a screenshot of the leaderboard so I can take a closer look? Thanks :)

New to Candy Crush Saga or Community? Check out Beginner's Corner here!
    New competition in Candy Crush Saga! Check it out here!
    New Superstar competition in Blossom Blast Saga here! 
    Hi Jelly Jen,

Here is what I see.  There used to be a leader board when I completed a level with my friends names.  However, now all I see is this.  Names of random people I don't know.  I miss my friends and I miss being No. 1 on the Leader board. Lol

Thank you for your help.

Oh, you meant the champions race. Since you won the weekly race, you were lumped in a group of other people that won the weekly race. When this race is over, you will see the weekly race again against your friends.

Hi again Khaos,

Although I sometimes win the weekly race against my friends I didn't win the weekly race last week so don't know why I'm in the champions race.  It's never happened before. 

It's a little annoying changes are made within the game that I have no control over.  I miss my friends and the weekly board. 

I'm curious, did you come in second or third place last week?

Khaos, I can't remember.  One of the top three I think.

Just an observation I've made........ when I'm actually playing a level I can see my friends who have completed the level with their scores.  So, they are still there but not when it comes to the leader/champions board. 
    I should have paid attention to the title of your post! It's the morning for me! I've only been in the champions race once because I have to wait every Wednesday for 30 levels to be released. I don't know if you make it into the champions race for second or third. 

Yeah, the champions race is a mixture of people that also won the weekly race. In that case, you won't see your friends in the group. Once the race is over, it will go back to the weekly race with your friends. Maybe King will see this and make the champions race optional if you win the weekly race. However, you get more boosters for winning the champions race.