💡 Please only post ideas on how we can improve the game Candy Crush Saga!
🔎 Before posting, check our ideas guide HERE
🚨 Looking for help? Head over to our Support and FAQ:s

Option to "Opt - Out" from the Special Competitions

PummyRaj
PummyRaj Posts: 32,373 Candy Moderator
edited June 2019 in Tiffi's Idea Library
I think we should have an "Opt-Out" option from the special features -- especially "Dexter's Space Race" AND F5 Challenge (if possible)

Currently, we are forced to enter the contest as soon as we play a level.  As soon as we earn certain number of Green Candy, we are automatically entered into the contest without any choice.  And if we don't continue to play, we are lost in the contest and dropped down from our place :(

If you agree, please vote for the idea =)
11 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Ameritech
    Ameritech Posts: 5 Level 2
    As an avid Crush player, this just started to occur a month ago. It interrupted my long playing competition with a few friends.  But two weeks ago it reverted back to my friends. Yesterday the ‘fun event’??? Came back. Users should be given an option to play that silly, useless fun event.
  • Deryck
    Deryck Posts: 1,121 Level 5
    I'm bumping this because it occurs to me King is forcing things down players' throats, and I don't support that at all. We should have the choice of entering any event. I really don't like the clutter on my game display. For instance, that new Episode Race feature? I've said elsewhere I don't play to advance; I go at my own pace. Yet, the Episode Race takes up a chunk of my display showing all 4 other players in my 'race' at the finish line with me in the same position - and with no intention of moving!
  • Ameritech
    I appreciate your comments.  It us hard to believe with the expertise of software programmers that they can’t write code to care for opting out.  Of course if their goal is for users to buy moves; other products.
  • TheWonderGinger
    TheWonderGinger Posts: 20 Level 2
    YES YES YES YES

I DESPISE THESE STUPID CHALLENGES AND COMPETITIONS.  

It is a massive invasion of privacy that I do not appreciate.
  • Ameritech
    So the question becomes: do they really care to make the nominal code changes to allow the users to opt out of forced competitions? What I don’t get is I have played Crush for years and NEVER had these pop up competitions until a month ago; so launch the old code brainiacs 
  • Ameritech
    So the forced competition ends but then I am forced into a new one; didn’t hit the button that appears to agree.  So I don’t opt in and no way to opt out.  Candy Crush programmers are you reading this?
  • _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,682 Sweet Legend
    edited January 2020
    Currently we have a couple of opt outs as you can see by the print screen below.  Nothing yet for opting out of Dexter's Space Race.

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,682 Sweet Legend

Not enough votes, old - closing.

This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?