💡 Please only post ideas on how we can improve the game Candy Crush Saga!
🔎 Before posting, check our ideas guide HERE
🚨 Looking for help? Head over to our Support and FAQ:s

Get rid of Timed Sugar Drops/Boosters

Comments

• MonicaBrasil
    MonicaBrasil Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited June 2019
    You know what, King? I actually realised you're doing me a great favour and I thank you heartily for that. The introduction of the timed boosters and the consequent inability to gain proper ones, especially the hand and the lollipop, really upset me at first. I complained bitterly in this community, like many users did. Now I am THANKFUL. Here's why:

I realised King does not want me to play like an addict. It doesn't want players like myself, who would play every day and at times, several times a day, going back to previous levels to gain new boosters and open new levels. It doesn't want me to actually spend more money than I should spend on a game. I doesn't want me going back to previous levels to collect more stars.

No, King doesn't want any of that. It wants players stuck, moving slowly forward, enjoying playing the same level over and over and over again until they gain passage after spending yet more money on gold bars (which is like money) to get one or two hands and lollipops. 

Yesterday, I reached level 4925. I have 3 stars on all levels up to 1085. I always enjoyed playing for more stars. Now nearly all my gold bars, hands, and lollipops are gone. And I can't get them, unless I keep paying (not playing) more and more to get one or two at a time. 

Suddenly I realised I no longer have to play!!!! I REALLY REALLY DON'T!!! King ensured that by not allowing us to collect regular boosters or hands or lollipops by playing the candy drop challenge every day. And I realised that was King's intention all along: to make you realise you are addicted to the game and addiction is unhealthy. I agree. It is.

Well, perhaps I'm wrong. Perhaps that's not what King think their intention is. Perhaps they think this makes the game more exciting. To be stuck and unable to move forward doesn't make it exciting for me at all, but I'm probably the exception. Probably it is thrilling for the other millions of players, so King will certainly not miss one less "addict" (maybe I'm the only one). 

So, THANK YOU, King, for allowing me to get rid of you. I didn't want to give up on the game, but all of my friends already have so maybe it is indeed time to say goodbye or play every once in a while and never pay for gold bars or boosters or just come back to eventually check if King has decided to keep their top players or definitely get rid of all them.

Thanks again.
  • mariajardine
    mariajardine Posts: 63 Level 3
    I agree with everything MonicaBrasil wrote in her comment. King has achieved its goal of upsetting many of the top players who loyally collected boosters twice a day. I hope they are feeling pretty guilty 
  • Debbie_Garner
    Debbie_Garner Posts: 38 Level 2
    Well put MonicaBrasil.  I am with you.
  • Kasie
    Kasie Posts: 32 Level 2
    Ok, I think I voted. But just in case, definitely bring back the original sugar drops. The timed ones totally change the game for me, and most likely will cause me to quit.
  • mom21
    mom21 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Ditto, ditto, ditto!!!  Vote by clicking on the "bearwithme" post of June 17.  At the bottom of the post is a counter with a "Vote Up" button.
  • quiltedpink
    quiltedpink Posts: 10 Level 2
    You know what, King? I actually realised you're doing me a great favour and I thank you heartily for that. The introduction of the timed boosters and the consequent inability to gain proper ones, especially the hand and the lollipop, really upset me at first. I complained bitterly in this community, like many users did. Now I am THANKFUL. Here's why:

I realised King does not want me to play like an addict. It doesn't want players like myself, who would play every day and at times, several times a day, going back to previous levels to gain new boosters and open new levels. It doesn't want me to actually spend more money than I should spend on a game. I doesn't want me going back to previous levels to collect more stars.

Yesterday, I reached level 4925. I have 3 stars on all levels up to 1085. I always enjoyed playing for more stars. Now nearly all my gold bars, hands, and lollipops are gone. And I can't get them, unless I keep paying (not playing) more and more to get one or two at a time. 

Suddenly I realised I no longer have to play!!!! I REALLY REALLY DON'T!!! King ensured that by not allowing us to collect regular boosters or hands or lollipops by playing the candy drop challenge every day. And I realised that was King's intention all along: to make you realise you are addicted to the game and addiction is unhealthy. I agree. It is.

Well, perhaps I'm wrong. Perhaps that's not what King think their intention is. Perhaps they think this makes the game more exciting. To be stuck and unable to move forward doesn't make it exciting for me at all, but I'm probably the exception. Probably it is thrilling for the other millions of players, so King will certainly not miss one less "addict" (maybe I'm the only one). 

Monica - I could not have stated my feelings better myself.  I should be playing with my fabric or sewing on my quilts that I will be teaching in the fall anyway. So thank you King for freeing up my time for other hobbies and interests. I prefer to spend my money on fabric and not for gold bars. 

I am a five year player at level 4425 as of yesterday. Summertime is the time I have usually up on Candy Crush levels, since it is too hot in the Sonoran Desert to do much outdoors. 
  • Putts
    Putts Posts: 111 Level 3
    I'm with all the others here. As someone  who has finished all levels and used to play everyday to collect boosters, now I just come in for daily spin and the daily boosters. 
    How would your advertisers feel about the people who used to play everyday be reduced to 1 minute doing a spin and leaving
  • anyamo82
    anyamo82 Posts: 8 Level 2
    Why am I always in the test groups for the worst updates  >:)
    Just a few days ago finally got back my SugarDrops, and now THIS

• Tim_O'Connell
    Tim_O'Connell Posts: 25 Level 2
    anyamo82 said:
    Why am I always in the test groups for the worst updates  >:)

Uh? In a test group? Isn’t this just the new norm? 
  • Roopanarayan
    Roopanarayan Posts: 46 Level 2
    Not able to win lollipop and hand switch now, esp hand switch, what's the point keeping them. Used to get them after collecting the sugar drops but with timed ones it's out of question now .
This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?