Curious minds want to know - how did you learn about Candy Crush Saga?

_Elsa_
_Elsa_ Posts: 36,599 Sweet Legend
edited July 2019 in Off-Topic

You've undoubtedly seen people on the train or at a coffee shop or at work swiping at brightly colored candy pieces on their mobile devices.  Yes, they are playing Candy Crush Saga!  We would like to know how you first learned about the game?  Was it a friend?  A spouse?  A sibling?  Please comment below and let's learn how we all found out about the crushing game! 

Comments

• _Elsa_
    Ok I'll be the first to respond.  I was at my daughter's house one day and she was playing the game.  I asked her what she was doing and she told me that she was playing this cute game.  Then she showed me her phone and how it works. I can thank her for this lovely addiction!  So who else wants to tell us how they learned about the game? 
  • bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,759 Candy Moderator
    edited July 2019
    That is so funny @Elsa that you should say it was your daughter, because it was my youngest daughter who introduced me to the game too more than 6 years ago!  She stopped in the lower 100s but here I am today still crushing away. I remember being on a plane once and saw this woman next to me swiping away. She was farther than me and she would actually change the time on her phone to keep getting extra lives!😆 I was never quite so fanatical about it to do that but was tempted a time or two. 
    Hey fellow crushers @marscrushinit @MiaChristine @Ashraf @flew66 @Joseph45 @Deryck @Lindsey_Ash @Joe000 @knitsafghans @José_Savelkoul @adylanfan inquiring minds would like to know when and how you started playing Candy Crush. After all we are celebrating 5000 levels!😊🍾💕
  • _Elsa_
    You just reminded me of 2 things that happened at my job.  The first was a fun thing.  We have a lobby where our clients had appointments with us counselors and they would sit in the lobby waiting for us.  I was walking by and I saw the back of this one client and she was playing Candy Crush Saga.  Of course, I had to stop and say "Oh wow, you play this game too?".  Then we got into this whole conversation about the game.  The second time I got into trouble - I was taking a 2 minute break trying to clear a level on my phone.  My manager walked by and said to me "Elsa, stop playing Candy Crush and get to work".  That was embarrassing.  But when she walked away I took the phone out because i had to finish playing that level!
  • Crimson_Dawn
    Crimson_Dawn Posts: 2,741 Level 5
    I actually found it from some friends. At the time, I was playing a similar game. Then my friends were saying stuff like, "Hey, check out this new game! Be careful though. It's 4 times as addicting!" I told myself that I had more willpower than my friends. They quit years ago, and I'm.....still......here😁
  • flew66
    flew66 Posts: 2,361 Level 5
    edited July 2019
    Wow! CC is at 5000th level! How time flies! I started playing CC when it was first introduced. If I remember correctly, I probably stumbled across it on FB. I always like to play puzzle games such as Bejewled, etc. CC immediately caught my attention. I used to record my game play and posted to my YouTube channel. However, I was too busy with other stuff and I stopped doing that around CC level 2,000, CCJ and CCS around 500-600s. I have been in hiatus for quite a long period until recently got the bug again and started playing CCF. May be I will go back and play other CC games some days. Cheers!
  • Ashraf
    Ashraf Posts: 8,495 Sweet Legend
    edited July 2019
    I do not remember clearly when I knew the first time😂.. Possibly I saw a add 📺 .. And the possibility of knowing the game when I was looking for games 😁📲.. But probably when I saw it in the phone of one of the Attendees of my art workshop who I taught them drawing and coloring🎨... And other possibility In the phone of one of the bus passengers🚦🚃🚗🚕.. I often see bus passengers playing that game on the road these days
    🚥   🚃  🚃  🚗  🚃    🚕 🚓
  • KitKathySuzyQ
    KitKathySuzyQ Posts: 303 Level 4
    edited July 2019
    I started playing when it was first released from a post on facebook many years ago. I am now on level 5024. My favorite game of all time.
  • Scooterpie
    Scooterpie Posts: 5,741 Level 5
    My two sisters and my niece were all excited about the game and kept telling me about candy crush. I tried it and have never stopped. Love the game!  Enjoy the community.  =)
  • Lynette
    Lynette Posts: 6,023 Pet Rescue Moderator
    I was playing Candy Crush online even before the version that is on facebook!
    See this link :awesome:  Candy Crush on Royal games

I remember the hype when it was going to be released on facebook (in April 2012) and was playing as soon as it was available there.

I was a regular player for a few years, but King released too many new games that started to take up more of my time.  Whenever I go back and play Candy Crush Saga I realise how much I miss it.

• firebombmarkus
    firebombmarkus Posts: 13,110 Sweet Legend
    edited July 2019
    I found out about Candy Crush Saga 6 years ago through my friend. A really addictive game so I've had some love/hate relationship with it. Since I've joined our lovely Community I have nothing but love for this game because there is so much going on and so many people willing to help and share their love for it. I will use this opportunity to thank everyone for doing so 💜 Keep crushing 🍭

P.S. Do you have those weird looks on you when you start talking passionately about the game? 🙈

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?