level 622

Options
eugene
eugene Posts: 182 Level 3
please fix - it shuffles when you can make a word and doesn't shuffle when its impossible.  its also next to impossible to get 3 stars on.  You can't start with Barney because there is only one tile that isn't in a vine or codice.  
I'm going back to get 3 stars on all of the levels while waiting for hopefully new levels.

Comments

• Crazy Cat Lad
    Crazy Cat Lad Posts: 14,123 Community Manager
    Options

Hi @eugene,

Level 622 is a super tricky one, but not impossible.

@abe_coffee could maybe help you with his best tips and tricks? He knows how to master these tricky levels in the game.

• abe_coffee
    abe_coffee Posts: 1,976 Level 5
    Options

hi @eugene and @Crazy Cat Lad

it appears that level 622 will have to be added to the "really hard to get 3-stars list"

the auto shuffle has been reported, yet it is still 'stealing' lives when it ignores legitimate words

on Feb 2 2018 there were 12 moves ... today there are 9 moves

on Feb 2 2018 the move stealers blew up in 4 & 6 moves ... now it is 2 & 3 moves

it would be nice if the Feb 2 2018 version was restored

it would be nice if the autoshuffle worked better

• eugene
    eugene Posts: 182 Level 3
    Options

Thanks @abe_coffee :) no wonder its so much harder to get 3 stars now. I have won several times - just not with 3 stars

• deercroft
    deercroft Posts: 20 Level 2
    Options

I really dislike autoshuffle

it autoshuffles even when valid words are there

I have been fast enough to beat autoshuffle, spell the word and then get letters hanging halfway into their positions

• deercroft
    deercroft Posts: 20 Level 2
    Options

still only get 2 stars

high score about 8600

• abe_coffee
    Options

hi @deercroft

your score is close for getting 3 stars on 622

approximate range:

9790 will get 2 stars ... 9856 3 stars

• Crazy Cat Lad
    Crazy Cat Lad Posts: 14,123 Community Manager
    Options

AlphaBetty is the game of the month in June which means a lot a wordalicious fun is coming up. Stay tuned here:

• abe_coffee
    edited August 2020
    Options

@eugene @deercroft @Crazy Cat Lad

the following is based on testing from July 16 through August 29(2020)

there is a lot going on with level 622

1) on Feb 2 2018 there were 12 moves ... today there are 9 moves

on Feb 2 2018 the move stealers blew up in 4 & 6 moves ... now it is 2 & 3 moves

2) the autoshuffle aborts more attempts on 622 than any other level

strategy:

used Miceking to remove 2 exclamators

approach ... try to end the game with 6 or 7 moves left to maximize the number of blasters at the end

ideal starting board ... has 2 or more playable gold tiles(very rare) 

numbers:

started 6267 times ... 1861 were playable(the move stealers could be played in 2 or 3 moves)

was able to score 8k 24 times ... 9k twice ... and 10k once

the worst autoshuffle ever:

on July 28th the best starting board appeared ... QUINTS was played for 2400 points

then the unthinkable happened ... with QUINTS still on the board the autoshuffle went off

why was QUINTS still on the board for the second move? ... QUINTS on the starting board had entanglers 

you can see "QUINT" in the image below

there is not much else to say ... "622 is the hardest level for getting 3 stars"(since Feb 2 2018)

• Charly-4
    Charly-4 Posts: 125 Level 3
    Options

I correctly collected the two plates but was not given credit for it. I did it with one move left. After collecting the second plate, the game didn't end for me so i played the last move (although I didn't need to to win) and then I got a message saying I had run out of moves.

• abe_coffee
    Options

hi @Charly-4

level 622 has an unusual quirk(maybe every level does this)

it is possible to get both plates with a low score

the game will continue until you get at least one star ... 1000 will get one star

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?