Blank tiles not working on many levels

Options
Charly-4
Charly-4 Posts: 125 Level 3

On numerous levels in Alphabetty Saga, the yellow blank tiles do not work. If you try to use one to spell a word, it doesn't register. Today I tried W-blank tile- G for example and no word was given. This seems to only happen in levels where you need to find the letters but it is in ALL such levels. Please fix this bug that many people have commented on for months now.

Answers

• Crazy Cat Lad
    Crazy Cat Lad Posts: 14,123 Community Manager
    Options

Hi @Charly-4 !

This has been reported, but I have no info when it will be fixed.

You can still use the tile to link two letters even though the blank tile doesn't count, you can use it to link two tiles far away from each other to have that between them in the word.

• abe_coffee
    abe_coffee Posts: 1,976 Level 5
    Options

hi @Charly-4

You are correct ... yellow blank tiles do not work when spelling a word.

Unfortunately this has been happening for quite awhile.

We as players have options:

1) report the problem ... you have done this

2) get mad about it ... you may have done this

3) wait for a fix ... we are doing that

4) exploit the glitch ... a few players have done this

how can this be beneficial? ... the multiplier for the yellow(gold) tiles is still active

simply "add" the gold tiles to an acceptable word ... the word is not changed but the point value of the word is increased

each gold tile multiplies the point value by 2 

for example if 3 blank gold tiles are part of a word the value of the word is multiplied by 8(2x2x2=8)

the image from Vincent shows a 2 million point word ... yes ... a very large score ... 2,088,960

there are 5 gold tiles played with the word WOBBLED 

the multiplier is 32(2x2x2x2x2 = 32)

• Charly-4
    Charly-4 Posts: 125 Level 3
    Options

Thanks but points don't concern me much really. I just want to pass the level and many times I run out of lives when I could have won by using the blank tiles and having them work. Today one could have taken an entire row out- it was blank and purple- but didn't. We just have to wait for a fix i guess although i notice people have had this issue since 2019 at least.

• abe_coffee
    abe_coffee Posts: 1,976 Level 5
    edited June 2020
    Options

there is one other option ... avoid completing a mystery word with a word that has a crown ... that way no blank gold tiles are created

there is usually a work around for glitches in ABS ... good luck

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?