Money scammers

Options
kaz1960
kaz1960 Posts: 7 Level 2

I have played candy crush since it first launched. I love the game, but youbarecseriousky taking the pi--. You make levels harder so that they are impossible to complete, but on your market place you can pay to complete that level. I'm appalled at King, the game is no longer free to play when you have to pay to win a level.

Comments

• Freddy_
    Freddy_ Posts: 68,477 Crushing Legend
    Options

@kaz1960 We all have a right to our own opinions, but i also have played from nearly day one and still love the game. To me i expect levels to get harder the more i progress through the game and now they do take me a lot longer to pass some, but i have still managed to get to level 7300 without paying a penny and only using free boosters and gold. So its possible but patience is needed.

Do not give up all those years will be for nothing, my mindset changed from doing all levels in one day to now just playing the game at my own pace

• aijaziqbal
    aijaziqbal Posts: 8,884 Sweet Legend
    Options

Hi @kaz1960 .

well dear i am also playing candy crush since 2012. and believe me i am around 7050 level and didnt spent a single penny.

the game has many options to complete the levels and if we find any level impossible it is reported and changed accordingly.

the important thing is as an experience player u know it that there are categories of players. common player, good player, very good player and super players. so the game has to take into account all the people. we in the 7000 categories sometimes feel that some of the levels are tooo easy. but we know that it is the requirement for some players. similarly the people who love challenges they dont see losing a level as failure but to use their skills more and try to complete that level and enjoy the game.

easy to blame.

keep enjoying.

• Loveth_NP
    Loveth_NP Posts: 1,741 Level 5
    Options

Hi @kaz1960 a warm welcome and sorry for feeling this way but I think paying to play the game by purchasing boosters is an option and not being imposed . So it’s clearly not a pay-as-you-go game but it all comes down to individual (s) winning desperation. I got one sometimes purchase boosters when my patience wears out lol it’s my option and not the King’s team forces it on me... Best of luck and enjoy crushing 🍭🥂

• Mary_Kay
    Mary_Kay Posts: 1,402 Level 5
    Options

I've been playing some really hard levels lately, ones that take me 20-30 or more tries. Just when I think I will never pass it I win the level. I just keep trying. Patience is required if you don't want to spend money. I've never spent a dime and at the highest levels. Good luck and I hope you keep playing.

• Sukanta_Biswas
    Sukanta_Biswas Posts: 24,932 Candy Moderator
    Options

Welcome back to the Friendly King Community's Candy Crush Saga forum.

The higher levels gradually become more difficult and the same rules of every game. You can move the game forward without making any purchases and you need to calculate which candy move you will benefit the most from before taking any action.We can't say for sure how many attempts you can make to pass a level but you have to hope for a lucky board.😊

• KingSlayer23
    KingSlayer23 Posts: 88 Level 3
    Options

King is in the business of making money... therefore some changes that encourage people to spend money, but don't require it.

because boosters are near impossible to hoard any longer, your best bet is to wait to play the "Impossible" level after collecting your boosters from the Treat Calendar.... you may get a timed hammer or other useful item that helps you get passed the level in question and on to some easier ones for a bit.

and like said above, the difficulty of a level is random... you may play a level 50 times and get nowhere close to completing it, then one time you'll finish it with half your moves remaining. you may have gotten lucky and passed some such levels on your first try while others are in the same boat you find yourself in now.

and if you stick around long enough, they may bring the Sugar Drop candies back if they notice too many players dropping out

• wykoon
    wykoon Posts: 12,697 Community Hub Moderator
    edited June 2020
    Options

Hi @kaz1960 I've been playing CCS for a very long time too and I agree with 9japradaANP. Any game with in-app purchase provides players option to purchase boosters, golds etc. So it's unnecessarily to purchase any item if you really wanted it. I once bought a bundle deal during flash sales and I used it wisely to help me level even though I'm a person who rarely do any in-app purchase when playing game.

In the end, it's a matter of choice of how you want to play the game. Also it does requires a lot of patience and strategies too. If you need help on level that you have been stuck for long time, please feel free to check out some videos tutorial (up to level 905) by our Guru, Lynette at the link below or YouTuber like Johnny Crush (levels played without boosters) or Suzy Fuller (with talk through)

hope you find some of the videos helpful.

• candycrushinit
    candycrushinit Posts: 12,600 Level 5
    Options

Hello @kaz1960 and warm welcome to our sweet community! 😊

Please do not give up on playing! I have been playing Candy Crush Saga for three years straight and have gone past 4000 without spending a single dime. It is possible to complete one difficult level and go on to the next one without having trouble. If you need any help, please feel free to tag me or send me a message so that I can help you with any level.

Thanks for joining and I hope you have fun here in the King Community! Have a marvelous Monday and stay safe 🌸

• Crazy Cat Lad
    Crazy Cat Lad Posts: 14,123 Community Manager
    Options

Hi @kaz1960 !

I understand that it can be frustrating to be stuck on a hard level and yes the levels get harder the further up you get in the game. You get more experienced and skilled in the game, so the level of challenge also gets higher.

All levels are possible to complete without any purchases though. In matter of fact the majority of all players that are on the current last level have not made a single purchase in the game.

Please note that the in-game purchases are necessary since the game is free to download and free to play. To monetize more levels, new features and all updates, the monetization is needed. All purchases are fully optional since all levels can be completed without any Boosters or Extra Moves, as mentioned.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?