⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

I can't download Candy Crush Saga

Options
lyman
lyman Posts: 20 Level 2

It stopped downloading on my 2017 iMac, Catalina 10.15.7

The progress bar at the bottom reads scontent-bos3-1.xx.fbcdn.net....... and never downloads the game.

My iPad and iPhone and old 2010 iMac are fine.

Best Answers

• Sukanta_Biswas
    Sukanta_Biswas Posts: 24,932 Crushing Legend
    Answer ✓
    Options

We warmly welcome you to the Friendly King Community's Candy Crush Saga forum.

From the information I have received, there are some issues with Apple's latest update.

However I am tagging my friend @bearwithme or @Elsa here because they are using the same device and they can give you more explanations.

Thanks in advance for your patience and support. 

• bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 16,003 Candy Moderator
    edited September 2020 Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks for the tag @Sukanta_Biswas

Hello @lyman and a very warm welcome to our wonderful King Community. I am sorry you are having this issue. Did this start after you had updated to the most recent version of MacOS Catalina (10.15.7)? There was an issue people were experiencing on their mobile devices (unable to purchase anything in the game) when they updated to IOS 14.0. I know they are two different systems for mobile and Mac but wondered if the latest version of Catalina has set up an incompatibility with the game. Can you play the game if you use a previous version of the software?

If that is the case, you may need to use the older version until the next update by Apple because I don't think this is an issue with the app, but with the Apple software and how it is interacting with the app.

Answers

• Sukanta_Biswas
    Sukanta_Biswas Posts: 24,932 Crushing Legend
    Answer ✓
    Options

We warmly welcome you to the Friendly King Community's Candy Crush Saga forum.

From the information I have received, there are some issues with Apple's latest update.

However I am tagging my friend @bearwithme or @Elsa here because they are using the same device and they can give you more explanations.

Thanks in advance for your patience and support. 

• Diamond_Lim
    Diamond_Lim Posts: 152,148 Diamond Diaries Moderator
    edited September 2020
    Options

Welcome to Sweet King Community! 👑

Don't worry! You can follow these steps of trouble downloading on iMac that I hope this helps :

1. Delete the app from your Mac via the Launchpad app. (In our experience, deleting is more effective than merely dragging it to the Trash or by other methods.) Within the Launchpad, click and hold on the app icon, then click the black “X” icon that appears.
    2. Log out of the App Store on your Mac (Menu Bar >  > App Store, then Store > Sign Out).
    3. Reboot your Mac.
    4. Reopen the App Store, and log back in with your Apple ID (Store > Sign In).
    5. Click your account name or photo at the bottom of the sidebar to see your past purchases. Click the Install cloud icon under the app name to reinstall.

Or how about you tried these steps that I hope this helps too :

If you want to win gold bars on this game, you can click here to join and answer on this game's contests that you can chance to win gold bars. 😊

🍭 Have a nice and safety day! Sugar Crush! 🍭

• Freddy_
    Freddy_ Posts: 68,477 Crushing Legend
    Options

@lyman Hi and welcome, i do not know if this will be of any use to you but one of our superstars that playa through ipad said something about update 14.0.0 having a lot of problems but when he got version 14.0.1 most of them were solved

Thank you

• bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 16,003 Candy Moderator
    edited September 2020 Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks for the tag @Sukanta_Biswas

Hello @lyman and a very warm welcome to our wonderful King Community. I am sorry you are having this issue. Did this start after you had updated to the most recent version of MacOS Catalina (10.15.7)? There was an issue people were experiencing on their mobile devices (unable to purchase anything in the game) when they updated to IOS 14.0. I know they are two different systems for mobile and Mac but wondered if the latest version of Catalina has set up an incompatibility with the game. Can you play the game if you use a previous version of the software?

If that is the case, you may need to use the older version until the next update by Apple because I don't think this is an issue with the app, but with the Apple software and how it is interacting with the app.

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,695 Sweet Legend
    Options

Thanks for tagging me @Sukanta_Biswas. @lyman I had to look online to find out what the Catalina 10.15.7 is. I just found this article and it looks like it's an Apple product. I know that there was an operating system update. Make sure that you have the most recent OS - it should be 14.0.1 if your Catalina has the same OS as the phone and iPad. If it's updated have you cleared out the history? Are you playing through Facebook or King? If it's Facebook you can always uninstall the Facebook app and reinstall it again. Just don't uninstall your game app because you can lose all lives and boosters. Let us know if any of this works for you. If not, we'll try to think of something else.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?