My personal Pete Peeves with the Candy Crush Saga quartet

Options
DukeSR8
DukeSR8 Posts: 80 Level 2

I have played each a great deal (not linking my games here because that apparently causes an issue that I'll discuss later) and have a few pet peeves.

1. Vanilla Candy Crush Saga:

-Swedish Fish can screw you over because they like targeting chocolate over helping finish a level. Have found this annoying in the "Clear the Jelly stages" with chocolate generators and the fish target the chocolate instead of finishing the Jelly when I can't due to a lack of candy to match where the Jelly is. Wish their AI was improved so I don't fail a level because of the fish

-No way to disable the owl's "help". For those new, if there's a Nightmarishly Hard Level ahead, he'll show up and tell you that he'll be your wingman (AKA be annoying with boosters that cost IRL money). I hate this because honestly all it does it get annoying especially since the owl offers it constantly, even when all my lives are gone. Honestly wish you could turn off his "help" after a few times of him offering

-Teams don't work after connecting to Facebook. This is more of a personal one but my Vanilla Candy Crush Saga game LIES to me. I set the team to Public and to date, after around 3 months no one has joined. Not sure why random can't join your team even if it's set to Public.

2. Candy Crush Soda Saga:

-Yeti's Golden Ticket Cutscene. Why do we have to sit through this unskippable Deutsche every time we get 8 tickets? It just annoys me since I'd rather be playing the game than watching a slow cutscene. Speaking of speed...

-The game needs a speed up. The So Close cutscene takes forever, you can't skip the end of level combos and half the things are slower than the other 3 games. Literally why is this slow?! If you ask me, bringing up the speed would make the game more fun

-Noble Path is broken. Let me explain: Every time you collect 6 stars, you can redeem them for a prize. Pretty sure this was unintended but you can easily stack stars with the infinite lives you get from the chests Batula drops and sweep a ton of levels with near unlimited boosters and get a ton of Gold from races for FREE. I can't believe that people can easily exploit this mechanic and basically make half the levels a joke because the devs couldn't implement a limit on how many Noble Path boosters you can get at once

3. Candy Crush Jelly Saga:

-Only real complaint is why are we locked to Orange Monklings? We've seen other colours are possible (Liquorice Party has cyan Monklings), so why not let us pick a colour or have one randomly assigned? It'd make for a fun and unique side opportunity for us to hatch Monklings of different colours you can use for levels involving them

4. Candy Crush Friends Saga

-WHY can't we turn off the combo tutorials? For those wondering what I mean by "combo tutorials" , I mean the part where Tiffi (or whoever you're playing as) shows you a combo. I get why it's in but can we at least get an option to disable it? I know 5 of the same colour gets a Color Bomb, 4 in a row gets a Striped booster, 4 in a cube gets the Fish (which are better than in Vanilla) and a L or T shape gets a Wrapped Candy. I mean, why can't we just disable this feature and have the characters display useful combos?

-Event Levels? Apparently this game is named Candy Crush Kaizo Saga. Seriously, if I can't pass the third level of your event, sorry then you just lost someone for Events. Anyone who has played the events most likely knows why I use the term Candy Crush Kaizo for them and that you're better off waiting until whatever costume or character comes naturally (have noticed Bull Tiffi in my rewards when I was only able to pass 2 of the event levels)

-Mr.Toffee popping up in every Fill The Hearts level or whenever you have a Lollipop Hammer with no way to disable him. Pretty sure why doesn't need explaining.

Sorry if it seems like I'm ranting but honestly those are my pet peeves (or in this case critiques). I believe that if you publish something anywhere and make it available to others, others should have the right to critique it. Also over 500 in Vanilla, over 500 in Soda, around 200-300s in Jelly and 130s in Friends if you need to know how many levels I've managed to beat in each game (this is mainly so people can't call me a salty noob that hasn't played the games enough to judge them). Anyway, feel free to post your pet peeves below.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?