Can you please stop making levels ridiculously hard?

Options
Cw1310
Cw1310 Posts: 115 Level 3

There are many scam levels that need to be made easier as soon as possible also please stop redesigning levels as I am sick of seeing you selfishly changing levels so that they are almost impossible to beat, so please fix them. Like I have this scam level 1303:

Please fix it as it is almost impossible

Comments

• orfi
    orfi Posts: 5 Level 2
    edited March 2021
    Options

spent my last 10 on level 964 a level that is so hard it wiped all my boosters and came no where close. if we could find a way to check the levels are purposely made to make us oay we could su, all my time and money taken by this peice of junk game

• Priyacandy
    Priyacandy Posts: 797 Level 3
    Options

I really don't remember about that level is so hard because I crossed that level few years ago.. now I'm playing 8990.. sometimes need to use many boosters for hard levels..

• t4e
    t4e Posts: 163 Level 3
    Options

I'm glad I'm not the only one, i posted many times about this and nobody at KING cares, The greed is unbelievable, they're making millions in profits yet they turn around and take away all the good stuff and replace it with the crappy levels in an attempt to make people give them more money. They like to reward the cheaters though. I get a star tournament when i finish an episode, every single level is absolutely ridiculously hard, yet there's people that garner up 1100 stars, that means winning 183 levels with sugar stars, not possible unless they use hacks for the game.

• poccatac
    poccatac Posts: 24 Level 2
    edited March 2021
    Options

*Edited by CM: unsupported language* Please post again using English as it's the language used in this forum.

• LindQ
    LindQ Posts: 562 Kingster
    Options

Hi! I think I can give you an actual answer here. I work with level design, and designing new levels as well as maintaining old ones. A lot of old levels are very old, but have been beaten by millions of players, meaning that they are nowhere near impossible. Some are quite challenging though!

Sometimes we replace or move around the older levels to create a better experience for the players. We have for example tried to remove most levels containing 6 colors, since 6 color levels aren't as fun to play as 3-5 color levels. We have also removed the mystery candy from a lot of levels, and we no longer use it, since it was very unpredictable and sometimes caused bad things like bomb or chocolate to spawn. We do monitor levels for difficulty, and no levels are impossible to do without boosters. Boosters can, however, help you if you want to pass a level quicker! Our most recent project actually aimed to make a lot of early levels easier than before and making sure hard levels don't come after each other.

I hope this answer answers some questions for you! If a level was too hard to beat it would be identified as such, and changed. Personally though I get stuck on even easy levels sometimes 😅

• Timhung
    Timhung Posts: 1,487 Level 5
    Options

Although I am in 9xxx right now, I still have a question...

I wonder why 7806 and 7959 have the same layout. It is fully the same.

Do these two levels have a special meaning?

• John_58011
    John_58011 Posts: 211 Level 3
    Options

I am in the top levels, thank goodness. The level 1303 says it all, only 15 moves. For five colours of candy, three Sugar Keys needed, lots of icing, cascading much harder due to the reduced size of the board. Revising levels reducing moves is commonly posted in my FB group, and King on numerous levels overdo it in move reducing. This takes away the decent challenge, and only brings frustration, if it is like this level, to those facing it. Cannot understand redesigning level 1303, with a good actual answer hard to find, with the player having no IPB, and no more Sugar Drops. Best answer for @Cw1310 is to bring back the Sugar Drop feature, to prevent getting stuck for too long, on this, and other moves reduced levels.

• t4e
    t4e Posts: 163 Level 3
    Options

The fact that it takes 50-100 tries to pass it is my definition of impossible. If you're aiming for a better gaming experience this doesn't come even close, I don't mind a challenging level but taking so many tries to pass it is not my idea of fun, and seema a lot of other people agree. I have seen a level in the 8000s where as much as 15 moves have been removed from the original and hard liquorice was added too, quite ridiculous and there is no good reason for doing it unless the aim is to make people spend money on boosters.

• YoshLee44
    YoshLee44 Posts: 102 Level 2
    Options

While I perfectly understand the thought process of removing 6 colour levels, it actually makes the game a bit more bland. Most levels are 4 colours, and a good cascade just feels like a cheap thrill because there are so many of them. 5 colours used to be the most common but many of those were also changed too. In lots of cases 3/4 colour levels are actually harder than former 6 colour levels. I genuinely think it would be good to try again with 6 colour levels, it's weird seeing the game without a full mix of candy in all but 5/6 levels (and this is going to go down even further with the redesigns of levels 1-35)

And for candies, mystery candy was good, if spawning bad things was the problem, then I'm sure it would be possible to remove the ability for bombs and chocolate to spawn. Early on in their creation they could make empty tiles but I'm unsure if it was a bug or not. And level 236 with all mystery candies, that was a masterpiece. Couldn't care less about the chameleon candy though.

I also don't understand why moves levels are being phased out. That's just weird, same with timed levels. Now that candies move much faster than before, timed levels would be much easier than before.

• Stretch21
    Stretch21 Posts: 249 Level 3
    Options

At level 200 and some of them are quite difficult

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?