Leagues - Making competitions/challenges fair to all level of players

Options
greddycandy
greddycandy Posts: 12,429 Level 5

Hi I'm an average Joe, I'm always going to be an average Joe! Challenges like Sugar Stars are for elite players not average Joe (nor for below average Joe or even above average Joe) which are majority of players. Most of us Joe's just wasted our time entering that challenge, it should have said from the outset if hitting scores of 20 million plus take part in Sugar Stars Challenge, then the rest of us wouldnt have bothered to make the effort...which was for nothing in the end.

Thats why I recommend having leagues, then everyone can truly participate in these types of challenges. Have a badge and prize for each league. For example we can have Diamond, platinum, gold, silver and bronze leagues (or whatever titles you want to give them, you could even make a challenge in search for the best names) based on players scoring average. There can be a little icons or something next to players names showing what league they in. That way every player can participate, every player has a true chance of winning.

That my opinion...what do you think!

Thanx

Comments

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 13,779 Legend
    Options

Hi @greddycandy I consider myself to be a very average/below averge player of CCS as well, but my thoughts are the opposite of yours. For the most part I have no choice other than to take part in whatever event is going on when I am playing, so essentially I jusy ignore the event and play the game.

It would be the same for your league idea. I would just keep playing my average game and if I won something then that would be okay, but I wouldn't let it drive my pace.

Ultimately I think this game has too large a player base to offer a truly level playing field that would allow leagues to work.

There are always people just starting the game, so they can beat a lot of levels conpared to your average player. There are people at the end of the game that can only play 45 levels. There are people who pay a lot of money to play. There are people who pay a small amount of money to play. I believe there are even people that 'cheat' when playing. There are people like me who just play at their own pace. Personally I think that is too many variables for any type of league to cope with.

• greddycandy
    greddycandy Posts: 12,429 Level 5
    Options

Hi for those exact reasons you believe it wouldn't work I believe it would. Its because of constant flux in the game leagues would work. It doesn't mean you would stay in one league permanently you could rise and fall but eventually it would stabilize by your playing rhythm/style and level and scoring average. There are a lot of players who want to take in these challenges but are wasting their time because they can never reach those goals. This is suppose to be fun where everyone can participate and feel they have a chance to win. It shouldn't be where only a select few (give a change of face here and there) are always the winner or on top ( not that I'm saying they don't deserve to be there but average Joe should also get to compete and have the chance to win) otherwise it become elitist and not fair competition. Thanx for opinion and keep crushing those candies. Have a pleasant day.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?