⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Some issues in my game-mainly to do with moves.

Options
brightstar1
brightstar1 Posts: 78 Level 2

Hi,

I've had a couple issues popping up in the game in recent weeks.

1) I've been noticing that at times when I open a new level I've not played before, I don't have the number of moves I should have for that level. At first I thought it was me and may be I was just going through moves quickly and before you know it your moves are in the single figures and then I fail the level. But, when I really began to pay attention, I noticed that on the odd level here and there, moves are actually less than what they should be and that can be as much as up to a half. I then fail the level, and then when I try again the moves are back to normal. I find this frustrating when you can sense you have a good board but the moves hinder you. And at times, this seems to happen when I actually do have the booster win streak going, and then of course when you fail the level, I lose those boosters I've built up.

2) Kind of linked to the first point. In episodes I'm currently working on or have recently completed, the moves on hard levels, once I've passed them, are capped at 15 mostly. I did check and this isn't an issue if I scroll to the earliest episodes only the most recent ones. Again this is affecting game play, because, sometimes I'm only one level away from upgrading to the next trophy, and if I'm in the mood to try to get sugar stars on a level I didn't pass first time, I would have to be very lucky to complete the level in 15 moves, let alone with the points needed for sugar stars.

I did wonder if these issues were happening because of all the updates in the game. Could updates be causing issues in other areas of the game? Is this happening for anyone else, please? I've done the usual troubleshooting before posting, I even thought when I lost all my lives last week, it would be back to normal but no still noticing it this week too.

Also, a couple smaller points, the owl is so intrusive to game play. I understand the developers want to advertise offers but surely it can be done in a better way than popping up every time you fail the most challenging level in that episode. And when the table with the episode race pops up now you have to actually close it, when before it would update you and then take you back to whatever you were doing. So, why the change?

Answers

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,139 Legend
    Options

Hello @brightstar1 From what I can gather after reading a few posts similar to yours, there is something going on with the number of moves in certain levels. Unfortunately there is no actual fix, or known cause for the issue.

Please have a look at the linked post below for more information on the subject.

• FlaringCrystal120
    FlaringCrystal120 Posts: 3,056 Level 5
    Options

Hello and welcome, there is an issue going on with some levels on certain devices at present and there is no definite answer for this yet. Hopefully one of the game designers is looking in to this and will get some news on this soon.

The standard troubleshooting tips might help: check your device and game are up to date, clear the cache from your browser entirely log out and restart your device and then log back in. However, for most this does not work.

Many players like myself agree the owl is very annoying. However, there is no way to disable it. This is part of the business.

• Kazza-3
    Kazza-3 Posts: 217 Level 3
    edited April 2021
    Options

@Brightstar I have the same problem. On most hard levels it has only 15 moves the first time I play. Then from that point on there are more moves. The current level I’m on, 4714 started with the 15 moves but then went to 29 moves. That’s a big difference, basically 50% fewer on the first try.

It does affect gameplay & is getting really annoying. It’s very difficult to maintain a winstreak for the candy necklace when you have only half the moves you should.

If it’s a new feature I would love some confirmation, as it’s like the game is rigged for you to fail on your first attempt on a level unless you’re willing to use boosters or spend money on gold. If it’s a glitch I hope it’s fixed soon.

• Freddy_
    Freddy_ Posts: 68,477 Crushing Legend
    Options

@brightstar1 Hi and and welcome, I am going to tag the level designer @LindQ to this as I been having an issue with this and with trying to help people like yourself. Also seems the 15 moves is a recurrent issue. i have passed on some levels to Lindq but think the studio are struggling to replicate this as seems only a few people are experiencing this.

I know the first question they will ask is if you fail the level does it stay at 15 moves. Hopefully @LindQ will be in touch as she may want some more information regarding this

Thank you

• LindQ
    LindQ Posts: 562 Kingster
    Options

I would love some level number examples of the 2nd case 😊

• brightstar1
    Options

Thank you for the responses @Alienscar, @FlaringCrystal120, @Kazza-3, @Freddy_ and @LindQ.

@Alienscar the thread you linked doesn't really have much more information than here to be honest. I appreciate the honesty that there isn't a fix, but the developers really need to revisit this issue for all whose game play is being affected.

@FlaringCrystal120 I did all of the usual troubleshooting you suggested before my initial post and the issues are still occuring. Hopefully they will find a better way to advertise the owl offers soon!

@Kazza-3 Alot of the sentiment you expressed is how I feel with these issues. And you're right the moves when they are less are less by around a half. I'm over level 7300ish and even with timed boosters and the win streak, 15 moves are just not enough to be clearing these levels for a player like myself who isn't an expert player.

@Freddy_ thank you for passing on this information. In answer to the questions you say the developers would want to know, if I open a level and the moves are less then once I fail it goes back to normal, plus it crops up randomly. If I pass a hard level where I currently am in my game, and I want to go back and replay those levels, then the moves are either capped at 15 or at the most up to 20. And it doesn't matter how many tries it stays at the lesser number and has been for several weeks now. I clear my cache frequently, but yesterday I cleared everything by mistake, so as you expect when I log in today my lives have gone etc, but when I checked in regards to point 2, those hard levels still have this issue occuring.

@LindQ just some examples of hard levels I've completed and after passing first time the moves stay at 15. These are: 7350, 7335, 7331, 7328, 7316, 7310, 7279, 7276, 7272, 7267, 7263, 7260, 7253, 7232, 7219, 7216, 7212, 7200, 7163, 7148, 7133, 7123, 7088, 7065, 7050, 7017, 6941 and 6829 etc, just to give an idea of how much this is an issue over so many different episodes. And there are so many more hard levels of various difficulty, as I was scrolling to check, that if not capped at 15 range from 16-20, in particular 19 and 20 moves.

• Freddy_
    Freddy_ Posts: 68,477 Crushing Legend
    Options

@brightstar1 I think @LindQ will find this information very useful and with how thorough you have been and she will be the best person to help you with any information regarding this now

• Toppers07
    Toppers07 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

Hi everyone. I'm linking my thread where I have the same issue with fewer moves after the win streak and have included screen shots. I raised this with King and they sent me the below reply.....?????

• Kazza-3
    Kazza-3 Posts: 217 Level 3
    Options

@Toppers07 what an interesting response.

I know it's a pretty standard reply that they are trying to improve things, but I can't understand this one.

You're basically being set up to fail the first time you play a level, by getting sometimes half the moves you get on subsequent tries. How on earth does this "enhance the game"? Feels more like a punishment. 😯

• brightstar1
    Options

Thank you @Toppers07 for sharing the response you got from customer support. But, I feel partly like @Kazza-3 that their response isn't clear. And like you said how is reducing moves to 15 when it should be nearly double that improving anything in the game. It is one thing to encourage us to use boosters another to gear the game to failing. @LindQ would you be able to clarify this and let us know what you're own investigations on the levels I gave as examples found, please? This is affecting more and more players from the posts that my post is being mentioned in and so I'm sure we would like some answers please.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?