New levels

Options
13»

Comments

• Fences
    Fences Posts: 1,122 Level 4
    edited May 2022
    Options

@Michael-6 I got this selective. Absolute disgrace.

@LindQ Who's in charge of these levels?

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,112 Legend
    Options

Hi @Carol-38 thanks for tagging me, but I am not sure I can help you with this issue. Not knowing anything meaningful about King's data collection means all I can do is try to extrapolate meaning from bits of information from other posts made in this forum.

I think @Michael-6 has pretty much covered the problem, but seeing as you tagged me here is my thoughts on the subject.

You play near to the end of the game and one fact that I do know is that only 0.5% of the player base is at the end of the map.

I have read that CCS has over two hundred million players. Now I don't know if that figure is actual players or just downloads. If it is players then the 0.5% means only one million players are at the end of the map. It is hard for people to grasp large numbers so look at it this way. If CCS only had a hundred thousand players then only five hundred of them would be at the end. So as big a number as a million is it only represents a small amount of the total.

From what I can gather from the level feedback threads a lot of players have a huge amount of boosters at their disposal and also most of the players complete the forty five levels in one day.

The upshot of all this is that this is the environment that you are playing in, and you are effectively trying to compete with people that have played your levels with more moves, less blockers and more boosters. That is, the average player data you are compared to is unfairly skewed against you, and more than likely means none of these players has to attempt a level more than twenty times.

Due to the small number of players at this level it will take a long time for the data collection to 'see' that some players (those without boosters, and don't pay) are struggling.

That is my opinion if I take @LindQ posts at face value.

I don't though because she said the following

The more players that get through the levels the more data we have as well. 

In the context of this discussion that statement makes no sense. As Michael has already said they make changes to the levels every ten days after the levels have been released, so this means they are either making the changes regardless of data, or they are making the changes based on too small of a database. Not only that the database they are using is potentially full of players that are using a lot of money/boosters to complete the levels.

What I am saying is that we are tracking data over how many times levels are played before they are completed, so even if one player is stuck on a level for a long time we can see that the level does not have this issue for majority of players.

This doesn't ring true, because if this was the case the recent issues with levels 593, 700, 1000 and 11473 being unplayable wouldn't have gone on for so long.

No levels released lately take even close to 20 tries on average, we feel like that would be way too many for the game to be enjoyable.

At an estimated three minutes a level every level would then be completed in an hour. How can so many people be stuck for days if the average is only twenty tries?

No levels are pay to play, and all are possible to complete without the use of boosters, and if a level seems to be too hard it is always tweaked down. 

If they are continually monitoring data why is feedback required on the levels. To be honest that is a rhetorical question as you will notice the feedback threads started by @Crazy Cat Lad don't actually ask for feedback on how difficult a level is they ask for feedback on emotive things.

We want to know how you feel about the following things!

1 Was any level too easy for you? Any level that was a piece of cake?

2 Which level was the most special? Any level that caught your eye?

3 What was your absolute favorite level? Which level would you like to play one more time?

Long story short, I have no idea what is going on 😉

• Carol-38
    Carol-38 Posts: 10,880 Level 5
    Options

Hi @Alienscar I only tagged you as you kindly made me aware of the post. The joke is 11666 needed extra moves, had played well over 50 times then needed extra moves. Now played 11667 over 20 times and by the look of it that will need extra moves, another not showing on my device as hard. Then it appears the rest of the episode has many super hard levels. It really has become very boring and laughable. Not bothering so much now as slowly I am losing CCS friends who just don't enjoy it anymore, shame.

• Carol-38
    Options

The way things are going @Michael-6 I probably won't get to that level until Christmas. It's just got to be one big un-laughable joke.

• Michael-6
    Michael-6 Posts: 987 Level 3
    Options

Yep. Unless King rapidly change course you have a complete house of horrors ahead of you.

But nevermind, they can all be completed within 20 attempts and without boosters and they were definitely tested by Kings crack team of designers!

• Carol-38
    Options

Haha Haha Haha Haha Haha Haha. It was more enjoyable typing that than playing the game.

• Michael-6
    Michael-6 Posts: 987 Level 3
    Options

Reading through @Alienscar superb summary of why everything @LindQ has said on this thread is a load of old tripe, it struck me that- perhaps- the reason the levels are released in a very easy state for a few days is so that King can gather player data for the episode race. We were told that in the episode race you never play live against players, but against recording of others progress. This would mean:

• They get plenty of data on players flying through the episodes;
    • The episode race is never available to players at the initial release (see @Spieler_8675309 running count on the missing ER);
    • The levels are then made impossible for all other players, but the episode race becomes available;
    • You can never win the episode race because 'somebody' always flies through the levels and never seems to get stuck at the many hard levels;
    • The prizes were adjusted in the episode race so that there are loads of gold bars for finishing first, and very little for the other positions;
    • The first place can never be won because you are playing against the recording of somebody who completed the easy versions of the levels- unless you are prepared to spend loads of gold bars to do so, defeating the purpose.

Also, i never noticed that @Crazy Cat Lad feedback questions were so inane and irrelevant, good spot!

• Carol-38
    edited May 2022
    Options

Hi @Anne62 is this what you are looking for.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?