πŸ“© Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

How long before you can post links?

Options
2Β»

Answers

• deplayer
    deplayer Posts: 67 Level 2
    Options

Thanks. Just getting 50 comments that were at least on topic was a challenge because I thought 50 comments would let me post a link.

It is really dumb that it doesn't let you post links for trying to get a fantastic five team. I think the requirements lead to frivolous, low quality posting.

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,032 Legend
    Options

Quote @deplayer Ok, so now the question is, how to get to level 3.

When I first joined this site the level structure was all about the number of posts. Recently that changed and now the level structure is based on how community members 'help' one another. By helping others we earn points and the points are now more important than your comments, or even the quality of your comments. As long as you can get a Reaction all is good.

You can see the level structure below

• Level 2 = 5 Posts
    • Level 3 = 100 Points & 50 Posts
    • Level 4 = 500 points & 250 Posts
    • Level 5 = 1,000 points & 500 Posts

As far as I can tell the information that informs a user of their privileges as their level increases has gone missing since the introduction of the points system. That is why Freddy's link wasn't that useful to you, the information you were after isn't contained within the Community Guide.

Also I get the impression that the points system hasn't been that well thought about, or integrated into the available information. Some of the old helpful links are now just met with a 'page can't be found' which would be okay if the information were available elsewhere.

Another sign that the points system hasn't been well thought about is the banner at the top of every page.

For me it says: Congratulations, you have reached Level 3! Wow! You are 200 comments away from Level 4 to unlock more features.

As I have made over 500 comments this is obviously old information pertaining to the system that used to exist.

What this all leads to is that for you to get to level 3 you need to gain another 63 points as you only have 37 points at the moment. For me it is a flawed system as it would seem to favour those that have been here a long time, and doesn't encourage new members to join in.

It is really dumb that it doesn't let you post links for trying to get a fantastic five team. I think the requirements lead to frivolous, low quality posting.

Most sites make you wait before you can post a URL, but I have never been a member of a site that makes you make more than five posts before allowing this.

As you need points instead of posts it doesn't really matter about the quality of your posts. If you don't answer a question, earn a badge, or get loads of reactions you will never earn enough points to progress.

It is a ridiculous system when it stops the community engaging in community activities such as posting their F5 links.

• Freddy_
    Freddy_ Posts: 68,477 Crushing Legend
    Options

@deplayer Hi Again, Apologies i actually linked the wrong post.

The one should have linked below. This explains the different levels in the community and what is required for them and also shows you the various ways in which you can gain points in the community and help you to level up. this is the most up to date information available now

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?