⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Chocolate Box Gone!!

Options

Answers

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,049 Legend
    Options

Quote Crazy Cat Lad: I assume you would prefer to play the game without the Chocolate Box than not being able to play at all since it keeps crashing?

@Crazy Cat Lad What I would prefer is a coherent response to an issue that has upset a lot of people.

I have had the Chocolate Box since I started playing CCS, and like most of the people on here I have not had any issue with it causing my game to crash.

Additionally I cannot find any posts on this site complaining about the Chocolate Box causing issues in the game. I find that odd as just about every other post is a complaint about something.

We have a Kingster providing us with changing dates and also stating that the Chocolate Box is going to be returned in the same condition as it was before it was removed. But then we have our Community Manager's telling us the opposite and the Chocolate Box is actually going to be returned in a new and improved condition. The contradictory nature of these statements don't lend themselves to earning the trust of your community.

Consider this: Taking your information at face value your statement implies that if the original issue hadn't been so complicated we would have received the Chocolate Box back on April 29th only for it to be updated very soon after by a new and improved version. This doesn't seem likely, so again your information comes across as contradictory.

Quote Crazy Cat Lad: I understand that you felt "insulted" by having the Chocolate Box removed, but please bear in mind that it was removed since it started to cause crashing issues.

I never said that I felt insulted, I said that your statement comes across as an insult to the many people that have lost the Chocolate Box to now be told that they might not be getting it back because the 'new improved' Box is only going to be released slowly. If you can remove the Box from everyone at once then it is only fair that you replace all at once.

Also consider things like Candy Connections & The Daily Treat Calendar reset issue. Both of these issues have been ongoing for a long time, but nothing has been done about them. No communication beyond first statement. Along comes the Box with an issue that hasn't bothered anyone and it is removed in an instant to rectify the issue. Why can't the same user friendly approach be applied to Candy Connections? Hopefully it will be obvious why all of this leaves a 'bad taste'.

• mandrak
    mandrak Posts: 200 Level 3
    edited May 2021
    Options

Candy Crush revenue

YearRevenue2016$784 million,2017$695 million,2018$930 million2019$1117 million,2020$1190 million.These are the reasons why no feature will come back. I don't trust King or any moderator administrators etc. They have a trillion reasons. And so it has been since the world.Money changes everything😪

• LindQ
    LindQ Posts: 562 Kingster
    Options

@Alienscar Me and @Crazy Cat Lad recieve the same information, but information sometimes change with time. The aim was to get it back at one date, without changes, but it was harder than foreseen to solve the issue. The responsible team also took this opportunity to get the new version (that has been tested by players already, and they really liked it!) out for everyone.

I'm actually glad that you haven't seen any complaints about crashes, because we want to stop them from happening. We rolled out a new update and saw immediately that it caused crashes, we identified the issue and the disabled the function. Candy crush has thousands of players, and we want to keep the game available for everyone without crashes 😊 You not noticing anything yourself or seeing anyone that did means we fixed the issue quickly enough to cause a problem for as few players as possible, a job well done from the team releasing the updates, don't you think? 😉

• Scooterpie
    Scooterpie Posts: 5,864 Level 5
    Options

The Chocolate Box is a money maker so I doubt that it is being purposely kept from us. If you buy boosters that Chocolate Box actually entices you to buy more.

ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ

• janebee
    janebee Posts: 11 Level 2
    Options

they're fibbing ..... I doubt the box will return. They've given us several dates and still no chocolate box. I give up .....

• Von_3
    Von_3 Posts: 502 Level 3
    Options

The chocolate box has never had an issue in all the years that I have been playing. If the coding for this feature is like other computer programmes, then it would be a self- contained bit of code and should not cause problems unless someone fiddled with it and messed it up.

• Hostarock
    Hostarock Posts: 10 Level 2
    Options

Exactly. They didn’t want to say they had been hacked.

I recently played on a team where one player consistently scored 2,500 points in the first hour of a new game. Of course that’s impossible, but that hacker continued unstopped for about a month.

• LindQ
    LindQ Posts: 562 Kingster
    Options

We are definitely aware that this happens sometimes, but it has nothing to do with the chocolate box. The chocolate box hasn't caused any issues earlier, but when we rolled out a new update we noticed a bunch of crash reports, so we had to disable it. It's unfortunate, but the smart(er than me) people are working on getting it back asap 😄

• Bennihanna
    Bennihanna Posts: 135 Level 2
    Options

I am having the same problem with this weekend's game. Can anybody explain how a player can win thousands of green candies in a few minutes? This is not the first time.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?