Why is giving lives to fellow players so difficult

Options
Albert_Heinrich
Albert_Heinrich Posts: 2,619 Level 4
edited April 2021 in Discussions

My play group of 81 has change a while ago. This group seems more generous than the previous one and from having around 10 from the previous group, I now have quite a few from this group.

I reciprocate, but it is a tedious task. 50% of the group is from level 2000 up and 75% from 1000 up. The more generous players are below 500 and I have to scroll down to help everybody.

I have been there and if your are a Newbie to the game, that is where you need it most. I play off Win 10 and use my mouse to move down, but every now and then when I am more than halfway through, I accidently touch the back to top and have to start all over again.

There has been many requests for a "GOTO" button or something that enables a player to go down to lower levels easier, but over the years it has fallen on deaf ears. The reason is a mystery, since it will make the player experience better. That is what KING advocates, but it seems they speak with "forked" tongue, unless it is so darn difficult to do and they have to virtually redesign the game.

Looking at the profile where the leader board is, seems like a likely way to do it. You scroll down to a player in the vicinity where you want to be, click on the name to take you to the level. It would then be easier go up or down 10 or so levels.

Another way would be to have it in blocks of either 500 or 1000, Currently this would require 9 or 18 steps.

Best Answers

• Freddy_
    Freddy_ Posts: 68,477 Crushing Legend
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Albert_Heinrich Hi Again, Yes its a pain to have to send lives and me for one does it less and less now due to my friends being well back on the map and yes it has been suggested many times.

Personally i think as most king games has no way of scrolling back this is as either the game would be to hard to change or maybe its just a revenue thing and too much money would be lost if we could all get lives to easily. Well for those that do not cheat the game anyway

Would be nice to see this but i do not hold out much hope at the moment, but you never know

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,787 Legend
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Albert_Heinrich From what I can gather after reading other posts similar to yours, a means of scrolling to lower levels of the game purely for gifting lives to other players is a much needed feature.

Several Ideas have been submitted on the subject, but none of them have made it into the game.

On the whole I would guess that the number of lives is purposely limited because it is tied to the difficulty level of the game, and this could be the reason it is difficult to scroll back. This is similar to the way five new lives received from ranking up are lost if you already have five lives.

There is an idea running at the moment that has garnered over five hundred up votes, so I would suggest you head over to the Idea Area to cast your vote and leave a comment.

The idea has been running for two years though so I am not holding my breath for a positive outcome.

• Albert_Heinrich
    Answer ✓
    Options

Every time that idea came up, I voted. Like you say, its been 2 years, so there is no will. My main reason for posting was that KING always says they want the player experience to be better.

What better way to do that. I remember the time you could pinch you device and make the screen smaller and scroll down quicker. Not sure why they dumped that.

To be honest, I am not really interested in receiving lives, but I think reciprocating is important. So I will spend the time and give my fellow crushers lives. Maybe, just maybe, KING will relent. Should I hold my breath on this one?

Answers

• Freddy_
    Freddy_ Posts: 68,477 Crushing Legend
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Albert_Heinrich Hi Again, Yes its a pain to have to send lives and me for one does it less and less now due to my friends being well back on the map and yes it has been suggested many times.

Personally i think as most king games has no way of scrolling back this is as either the game would be to hard to change or maybe its just a revenue thing and too much money would be lost if we could all get lives to easily. Well for those that do not cheat the game anyway

Would be nice to see this but i do not hold out much hope at the moment, but you never know

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,787 Legend
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Albert_Heinrich From what I can gather after reading other posts similar to yours, a means of scrolling to lower levels of the game purely for gifting lives to other players is a much needed feature.

Several Ideas have been submitted on the subject, but none of them have made it into the game.

On the whole I would guess that the number of lives is purposely limited because it is tied to the difficulty level of the game, and this could be the reason it is difficult to scroll back. This is similar to the way five new lives received from ranking up are lost if you already have five lives.

There is an idea running at the moment that has garnered over five hundred up votes, so I would suggest you head over to the Idea Area to cast your vote and leave a comment.

The idea has been running for two years though so I am not holding my breath for a positive outcome.

• Albert_Heinrich
    Answer ✓
    Options

Every time that idea came up, I voted. Like you say, its been 2 years, so there is no will. My main reason for posting was that KING always says they want the player experience to be better.

What better way to do that. I remember the time you could pinch you device and make the screen smaller and scroll down quicker. Not sure why they dumped that.

To be honest, I am not really interested in receiving lives, but I think reciprocating is important. So I will spend the time and give my fellow crushers lives. Maybe, just maybe, KING will relent. Should I hold my breath on this one?

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?