⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Why i just can't log in?

Options
sabbatha
sabbatha Posts: 10 Level 2

Hi folks,

for some reasons i just cannot sign in, i'm not using facebook ( i hate it) my system is old ( windows 7) but my broweser is update to latest version firefox 88.0.

When i try to sign in the pop up/box appears, i just type my nick name and password, i click onto the button below but nothing happens.

Any tips to solve this?

Thank you.

Answers

• Origins7_Dale
    Origins7_Dale Posts: 3,551 Pro Player 👑
    Options

Hi @sabbatha,

Sure, it is simple. You need to *Update your *OS. Win 7 Support ended over a year ago. Updating Browsers is not going to help you much. You are putting yourself at risk, not only to hackers, but your system could crash. Add to this, when support ends from Microsoft, the other games, programs, apps, networks, etc... soon follow, with no support from them.

Since *Win 10 is still *Free, should get it, before Microsoft starts charging for it. Win 7 was a great OS, but time to move on.

*Google Reference!

• After January 14, 2020, PCs running Windows 7 no longer receive security updates. Therefore, it's important that you upgrade to a modern operating system such as Windows 10, which can provide the latest security updates to help keep you and your data safer. Jan 14, 2020

*Google Reference!

• As a result, you can still upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 and claim a free digital license for the latest Windows 10 version, without being forced to jump through any hoops. Mar 3, 2021

Thx For Posting & Welcome To The King Community - Origins7 Dale, 😀

4/21/2021

• sabbatha
    edited April 2021
    Options

Hi @Origins7_Dale

Yesterday everything worked, so why started just today?

I cannot upgrade to WIN 10 cause my laptop is old as much as windows 7 and does not support Win 10.

Thanks anyway for the help.

Tried to play at the game and it works perfectly, it also asks me to create an account, seems that i just can't log in with my old profile, if is my OS then nothing should works...

• Origins7_Dale
    edited April 2021
    Options

Hi @sabbatha,

Yes, that was yesterday. Now it isn't working. Expect even more things to start failing on you. Frankly, I am surprised you can even connect & post here.

Well, don't know how old your laptop is. Depending on the age, just about every laptop can support a *Newer OS.

Let's see, Win 7 Initial release date was *October 22, 2009. So if your laptop is that old, about 12 years or so, then time to get another one. Can find deals on used, almost new, a scratched, or returned one, etc... at many places. Like ebay, Best Buy, Amazon, etc... Just have to look.

At some point, you are going to have a complete shut down. That means any info on your drives, are going to be hard to recover. So anything important on them, should move it off.

That is the sad fact about our world. Things run down, deteriorate, have to keep things maintained, cleaned up, etc... If you do nothing, still going to run down on you. Formally known as, *The Law of Entropy. There is a *Theological reason for this law, but perhaps beyond the scope of this post, in giving you the answer to it.

Best advice, that I can give you now, is get another laptop.

Trust this helps.

For @sabbatha:

• Great, glad you can play now. However, the question is, for how long? Well, not necessarily on your OS, "nothing should work". Told you above Win7 was a great OS, you might still have enough programs working to keep it running, for a little while. Might even have some support from us, like network support, or you wouldn't be able to play. But the question remains, for how long? If your plans are to run it into the ground, or whenever it stops working. Hey, it is your laptop.

Again, Thx For Posting & Welcome To The King Community - Origins7 Dale, 😀

4/21/2021

• sabbatha
    edited April 2021
    Options

@Origins7_Dale i'm playing right now to soda crush without being able to log in in my main account, i had no issue at all in signing up on this community, again i think that is not merely an OS issue here. If would be an issue related to OS then i shouldn't even be able to load correctly the main page king.com /games nor the community page.

But i'm assuming that upgrade OS will be the one and only answer i will get so to me the matter is closed.

• Origins7_Dale
    Options

Hi @sabbatha,

Explained it above. Perhaps you don't understand. We don't support old expired *OS here. I have been building PCs for years. I am glad you got it working. But, it will be temporary. How long? No idea.

It is funny you keep telling me it is not your *OS. I have seen older PCs, laptops, run even on MS-DOS, but can't play *Soda on them. Even seen cars run with no oil, but they broke down.

Hey, you want to play on old technology, with an expired *OS, you are more than welcome too. Don't be surprised, when it all shuts down on you tho.

You need more than an *OS upgrade, need the technology to support it also.

Take Care - Origins7 Dale, 😀

4/21/2021

• sabbatha
    Options

I've played since now to candy crush using a new account, then why i can do everything but just signing in?

Do you have a specific issue related to my OS that explains this?

Anyway as it's useless to argue any further i think that thread can be closed.

• Freddy_
    Freddy_ Posts: 68,477 Crushing Legend
    Options

@sabbatha Hi and welcome,

The only troubleshooting you can do with browsers.

Is make sure your browser is up to date, clear the cache entirely, restart your device and then try logging back in and see if it resolves your issue. check to see if you have any error messages when you log in and try a different browser

If this does not help, then would agree with Above and you will probably need to upgrade your PC at some point.

Thank you

• treehouseX
    treehouseX Posts: 31 Level 2
    Options

I believe it's a problem with the website. I have Windows 10 and up-to-date browsers, but since a few days I have trouble to log in here on the website (not facebook) to play. I live in Europe and problem occurs only during daytime. I guess it's a maintenance issue.

Right now I'm not able to log in again. It's noon.

• Jancie
    Jancie Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Hi I'm new in here. I can no longer get candy crush saga to load on facebook and I used to play every single day. I have joined KIng but I can't play it on there either. My laptop is only 2 years old am I am using windows 10. Cache is cleared every day hut I cannot access the game a tall. I have tried every suggestion I can find without success. Any other suggestions please? Thanks

• sabbatha
    Options

@Freddy_ usually i clear the cache as soon as i switching off my laptop, my brower is the latest update for Firefox, i believe 88.0 version. I don't get any error message, when i try to log in the pop up/floating box nothing happens when i enter my nick name and password, seems like the log in doesn't work at all, cause it doesn't redirect me nowhere, not sure if is something wrong with the web game or such. Looks like other members that have WIN 10 shares my same issue so it cannot be merely my OS, i agree that i will need to update my OS at some point but seems that here logging in isn't something directly related to WIN 7

@treehouseX i don't think that is a matter of timing, now in Italy is early morning and i can't log in, anyway i'm not alone with this technical issue, at least i'm not the only one!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?