💡 Please only post ideas on how we can improve the game Candy Crush Saga!
🔎 Before posting, check our ideas guide HERE
🚨 Looking for help? Head over to our Support and FAQ:s

Bring back timed levels, but with the new mechanics

Options
Goldenswordz
Goldenswordz Posts: 532 Level 3
edited July 2021 in Tiffi's Idea Library

Timed levels were removed in 2018, but they have been slightly updated since then. They are still available in the code. Timed levels now pause the timer when cascades start, which proves to make them a lot easier. If King adds back timed levels with this new mechanic, people will like timed levels a lot more I guarantee.

There is a couple custom timed levels on Youtube if you want an example of the new mechanics (I can't post a link yet since i didn't join that long ago)

0 votes

Declined · Last Updated

Comments

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 13,777 Legend
    Options

I have never had the opportunity to play a timed level, but I get the impression that they were like marmite, you either love or you hate them. Also from what I can gather timed levels were removed as an improvement to the game, so improved mechanic or not I would doubt that King will bring them back.

As you can see in the linked thread a few people have submitted ideas related to timed boosters, so whether that makes your idea a duplicate or not I am not too sure.

If timed levels are more popular than I give them credit for then maybe they will make an appearance in level 10,000.

• Goldenswordz
    Goldenswordz Posts: 532 Level 3
    Options

I added the fact they change the mechanics of timed levels since the removal which makes them much easier. The suggestion, instead of simply asking to bring back timed levels, is bringing them back with these new mechanics included.

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 13,777 Legend
    Options

I got that you mentioned the new mechanics, but as I said improved mechanics, or not it is highly unlikely that timed levels will be reintroduced.

• Magic_Mixer
    Magic_Mixer Posts: 255 Level 4
    Options

So, I do not work for King, but here are my ideas on why they did it:

1- It did not allow them to get creative with level design, as it is a pretty "zen" game mode by nature

2- Some people with physical disabilities can get utterly stuck on those levels (although they still aren't adding an option to disable all of those millions of particle effects)

3- Some people (not me, I think they are one of the most fun level types, along with ingredient levels) didn't like them.

• Crazy Cat Lad
    Crazy Cat Lad Posts: 14,123 Community Manager
    Options

The timed levels will stay as a part of the Candy Crush history I'm afraid.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?