Quality over Quantity

Options
__MULLIGANACEOUS__
__MULLIGANACEOUS__ Posts: 163 Level 3
edited August 2021 in Discussions

I have noticed that CCS is focusing more on quantity rather than quality nowadays. This is most obvious as the speed of putting new levels is accelerating, and that episodes are losing their individual personalities [mainly to save space, that is too late].

Since now Level 10000 has been made, I hope CCS will focus on bringing more quality-based content [such as new content] rather than the same generic levels over and over such that none of the levels became memorable.

I really remember the time when the old CCS was here and many of the levels were memorable.

Comments

• Spinnifix
    Spinnifix Posts: 24,778 Sweet Legend
    Options

Hello and welcome

Thanks for your feedback. I am happy to pass it on to the level designer and he will be happy to answer your question.🤗

@LindQ

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,047 Legend
    Options

Hi @__MULLIGANACEOUS__ I must admit I am struggling to see what your idea is and what you want that will improve the game.

I don't think the thirty to 45 levels a week is anymore, or any less than it has always been. In fact I am sure I remember @LindQ saying that more levels used to be released in the past.

more quality-based content [such as new content] rather than the same generic levels

From my point of view I think we get to see a lot of new content already, so I think you would be better off submitting an idea that details exactly what you want to see as that will be easier for everyone to understand as an idea. Asking for 'more quality based content' is too vague to work as an idea.

• Crazy Cat Lad
    Crazy Cat Lad Posts: 14,123 Community Manager
    Options

Hi @__MULLIGANACEOUS__ !

I moved your feedback from Ideas to Discussions.

• __MULLIGANACEOUS__
    __MULLIGANACEOUS__ Posts: 163 Level 3
    Options

It seems that each of the episodes are losing its own unique personality.

Back then all episodes have stories and their own characters. There is always something new to explore. Not anymore with the same rotating backgrounds, which adds to the confusion.

Interestingly, did similar things happen for CCSS and CCJS?

• Goldenswordz
    Goldenswordz Posts: 534 Level 3
    Options

What he means is that the levels have somewhat deteriorated in quality. They have very generic (and not memorable) designs whatsoever. A lot of levels as of recent have been VERY similar with slightly different blocker placements and whatnot. They want more creative and memorable level designs to return.

• Fences
    Fences Posts: 1,122 Level 4
    Options

Yeah like during the 3000s to the 5000s. Those were the golden days of CCS levels. Wonder what happened to the old level designers anyway 😕

• Fences
    Fences Posts: 1,122 Level 4
    Options

But now we just got a bunch of blocker spam levels.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?