🍭🤩 Candy Crusher of the Month - September 2021

Options

Comments

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,032 Legend
    Options

Please don't let this get you down or let overthinking it as you was nominated by many of people or, members whom you've helped out in the Community with their game along with giving them tips on how to pass levels and help them understand features within our system or Games as you are very familiar with CCS, and knowledgeable..

Hey @me6412 I don't think I am overthinking it (you could be right though) I am just interested in why August's result didn't generate any of this 'majority' rules stuff.

As for everything else you said I one hundred percent agree with you.

• Alienscar
    Options

@CassD  I was just observing a trend and therefore wondering whether it was worth nominating anyone.

Hi Cass obviously it is entirely up to you, but if you want to acknowledge a particular player in the Crusher of the Month and you realise that the final result is in the hands of the CM's why wouldn't you nominate?

As the saying goes if you aren't in it you can't win it.

• CassD
    CassD Posts: 18,516 Level 5
    Options

Hi @Alienscar

I was thinking that, if someone had already nominated the person I thought deserved to be chosen for that month, was there any point in my repeating the nomination?

• Alienscar
    Options
  • Scooterpie
    Scooterpie Posts: 5,861 Level 5
    edited October 2021
    Options

There is no point in nominating anyone. We the players do not choose. Plus, there is already the Community Player of the Month which covers all the helpfulness and point and badge collecting. We are not choosing here, we just get to complain/fight amongst ourselves. The CM's and GM's decide, not us. Thought this deal was about the game you know Candy Crush Saga!

I joined in on this thread the month of July. Thought this was supposed to be about Candy Crush Saga, not popularity! @Freddy_ won, how did this make me feel? Been playing for 8 years and what month marked 8 years for me, why July! Been in the Community now for 4 years. Never have purchased any boosters, always at the top of the saga map. Only play and am devoted to Candy Crush Saga! I knew that the powers that be would pick me. Freddy won, I was upset and jealous, followed by being very ashamed of myself.

Decided not to participate in this thread after July. Looked at nothing about this thread in August until I was notified that I had received the badge. Then of course I had to say "Thank You!" I have never gone back to read what anyone said in August prior to receiving the badge. Frankly, I really do not want to know who did or did not nominate/vote for me.

The Candy Crush Player of the Month made me feel bad not good! Very bad.

I do not want nominate anyone, not going to choose between my friends. Learned at age 17 not to choose one friend over another if possible. I lost my job, had been married less than a year, needed that job. Oh Yeah!

To me it's all about the game!

ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ and meme time!

• Alienscar
    Options

Not really that surprising though, as it covered by the House Rules.

The rules also includes:

• Don’t question moderator actions publicly. What we say goes.

• arwen777
    arwen777 Posts: 1,394 Level 5
    Options

Well this is awkward. I was contemplating whether I should write anything after all that backlash, but I figured that it wasn't my place and I should leave it to the CMs to justify their decision. However, since that didn't happen until Monday, I guess I should address the elephant in the room after all!

Like I said at the Royal Court thread, I was shocked when I realized I was the winner of the month! Like most of you, I was under the impression that the player who would be nominated the most by the community would be the winner. And I naturally guessed that wouldn't be me. So I went to read the rules of the contest one more time and I realized that this wasn't the case after all! We could nominate the candidates at the beginning of the month, make sure they'd make the short list, but the CMs would ultimately decide who was the most deserving. The way I understand it, the popularity of the candidate would surely be a factor in their final decision, but that wouldn't be the only factor.

Then I remembered a Jelly Art contest I had won a couple of months ago. My drawing of the ''Jenny'' character was among the three which took the prize. My Jenny wasn't the cutest, the most popular or the most accurate, so I figured I didn't have a chance! And yet it came second because the effort I put in sketching her and the originality of the picture were enough to make her stand out!

So why did I win this thing? I suppose that my effort was taken into consideration here as well. The many hours I spent in the community between August and September, the fact that I was the most active user in the ''support'' section beside @kiara_wael, the points I managed to gather during that period, my participation at basically every possible thread/poll/contest etc. I'm only theorizing here because again I can't speak for those who chose me!

I don't know if the mods were wrong to pick me as the user of September. I know that they are to blame for not making the rules of the contest more clear so that this drama could be avoided.

• CassD
    CassD Posts: 18,516 Level 5
    Options

Hi @arwen777. Don't let all of this detract from the fact that you were nominated and chosen for September. As you say the rules could have been clearer. It makes it seem as though the criticism is about you personally, which it isn't. Keep up the good work which you've been doing.

• rebelchild
    rebelchild Posts: 15,929 Level 5
    Options

@Alienscar I'm not sure what constitutes a clique in your book. I certainly wouldn't have classified. @DaniTheOG of being a clique. This lady has a mind of her own and would never throw in just because she is told to or because all her friends are doing it. I think her high value of integrity has been exampled multiple times throughout the community. I honestly don't see the cliques. I see groups of friends that are not inclusive. Some people have been here a long long time and have long time friends. I don't even see the mods as cliques. The mods need to meet often to plan all of the contests and to run the various game sites. Personally I don't get the voting process as I stated in an earlier post.

And @arwen777 I honestly feel for you being caught in the crossfire here. No one is saying that you aren't a helpful person. You have contributed to the community. Enjoy your award.

• Boybinary
    Boybinary Posts: 2,958 Level 5
    Options

Here is my opinion @Alienscar and @arwen777 you both have been very busy helping newbies navigate thru the game and that is cool but @Spieler_8675309 and @Scooterpie have been around way longer and have contributed way more than you two combined also they both have way more experience at the game being in the Wednesday waiting room (I don't think either of you have completed more levels than comments) so their peers would like to see them get their just due. Both of you will get there but you need more game experience for us waiting room players (clique) to gain any value from your posts, it is especially annoying when you start a little fight back and forth with @Heshan_G in our area! go take it back to your level of play we are not interested .Don't take this wrong I think you both are helpful just not to us.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?