💡 Please only post ideas on how we can improve the game Candy Crush Saga!
🔎 Before posting, check our ideas guide HERE
🚨 Looking for help? Head over to our Support and FAQ:s

Reduce moves and take off a color

Goldenswordz
Goldenswordz Posts: 530 Level 3
edited October 2021 in Tiffi's Idea Library

With 3 and 4 colored levels, they are very fun. Lots of points, and also they help pass levels faster. If you reduce moves and also take off a color, Levels will still be balanced and also more fun and will be perfect for scoring events!

It would be for every level, Levels that are 3 colored would still stay 3 colored. If levels have low enough moves they would also stay the same.

Does anyone agree?

2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 13,405 Legend

Hi @Goldenswordz your idea seems a little lacking in detail. Is this for every level? Is this a reduction on those levels that have already had moves removed? Does it only apply to five colour levels? Does it only apply to scoring levels?

• Goldenswordz
    edited September 2021

Every level has had moves removed already except very few, however the move reduction is still possible to happen because many levels have over 20 moves.

Yes it would be for every level except maybe a couple levels that already have low enough moves.

No, some four colored levels would change to three-colored ones.

Score levels are removed from the game, what I meant was that the lower colors would help achieve higher scores for your levels.

• Goldenswordz

@LindQ Is this something that could become a possibility

• Alienscar

Score levels are removed from the game, what I meant was that the lower colors would help achieve higher scores for your levels.

Maybe I misunderstand what is meant by a scoring level. Isn't this a scoring level?

• Goldenswordz

Yes you may have a glitch where you still have the score level version.

• Alienscar
    edited September 2021

Strange glitch that can change the basic function of a level wouldn't you say. I have had more scoring levels previous to this one as well.

• LindQ
    LindQ Posts: 562 Kingster

This does work on some levels, absolutely, but some levels become very easy by removing a color, while some levels aren't at all affected in the same way. The tricky thing about removing one color is that you get a lot more cascades, and these cascades are great to an extent, but playing level after level where you have to wait for all the cascades to finish to make your next move isn't fun gameplay. Having a full 9x9 board and 4 colors for example, it usually becomes very tedious at the end of the level.

I love cascades, personally, but having cascades (that are random, and uncontrollable) determine how well a level go makes the outcome hard to predict for us (difficult to balance), and it becomes hard for the players to actually use their skills. We do make levels like this sometimes, but the whole game will probably never look like this.

Hope that answer satisfies you 😊

• Gamer5687
    Gamer5687 Posts: 250 Level 3

@LindQ I hope this doesn't makes you (and all designers if there is) feel bad but ngl, too many levels beyond 3000 is absolute luck based... you cant make cascading, the game MAKES it. I'm on 3187 now, and I feel like I will be giving up soon. Also, the 5 coloured levels are just kinda lame. 3000s is making me disappointed :(

• Crazy Cat Lad
    Crazy Cat Lad Posts: 14,123 Community Manager

Not enough votes. Closing.

This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?