Feedback on levels 10 371 - 10 430

Options

Comments

• Michael-6
    Michael-6 Posts: 987 Level 3
    Options
    Lucked my way to 10385 and, quelle surprise, the bug with fish+booster and sour skulls is

STILL IN THE GAME

How many times does this feedback need to be provided before it is fixed?

• Michael-6
    Options

About half way through, and i'm finding the second episode a lot better than the first. The lottery levels are still there, but not as extreme as in the first. Even the nightmarishly hard level you can get close to finishing every time before passing.

• Thesink
    Thesink Posts: 60 Level 3
    Options

Just at the start of the second level. I wonder if I will ever reach the 4th this week...

What happened to the rewards with the crowns? The ones you get for sugarstars and winning at first try? At 6, 9, 12 and 15? That gives you an extra life, extra turn and extra points? They all disappeared a few weeks ago!

• Lindark
    Lindark Posts: 5,681 Sweet Legend
    Options

All levels complete. Oof!

• Boybinary
    Boybinary Posts: 2,958 Level 5
    Options
  • Montrachet
    Montrachet Posts: 42 Level 2
    Options

After highlighting Level 10299 to @LindQ in a previous thread as being a perfect example of the type of tedious thread I am most averse to, I feel I should balance that with a mention of Level 10428. I absolutely loved it!! Not at all straightforward, but one that challenges you with juggling 3 or 4 different elements that you have to take into consideration and carefully prioritise each move to ultimately succeed. Congratulations to whoever designed this brilliant board.

Just a general (hopefully not too contentious) point. We all have our own particular gripes with Candy Crush in the last few months, but should bear in mind that it is meant to be a challenge rather than the equivalent of playing Andorra each week. Like many I am sure, I used to rattle through each new release of 45 levels on Windows 10 with some ease for many months. There was no doubt a big shift that started at Level 9990, but I do sense that the game is returning to something more reasonable. We should all quickly highlight genuinely impossible levels and glitches for everyone's benefit, but complaining about difficult levels within just a few hours of release feels like it is defeating the purpose of the game somehow. Although I finished the latest episodes within 48 hours, I have quite enjoyed taking a more relaxed approach to completing recent tranches over 5, 6 or 7 days. I run on a very low stock of boosters and do find some levels frustrating and tedious, but also appreciate what is being created by others for my (potentially free) entertainment.

• Michael-6
    Options

Finished the four episodes. Like everybody else, i agree that the fourth episode is the best of the bunch. It was almost a back to basics approach, harked back to the earlier levels, much simpler designs; just so much more enjoyable to play. It's clear that the fourth episode has yet to receive the move reduction treatment, so imagine that will be coming next week.

I really liked the third episode too, thought it had some interesting moments in it. It pretty much has the balance right for the hard levels too. The second episode started out well, but there was a lot of levels in the second half that were far harder than the nightmarishly hard rated one, thankfully the sweet crew helped me through that episode.

The first episode was just catastrophically bad, and no doubt soured a lot of people's opinions on whole release this week. Really would have been so much better had that episode been consigned to the bin and just episodes 2 to 4 released instead.

• Scooterpie
    Scooterpie Posts: 5,865 Level 5
    edited October 2021
    Options

@Michael-6 I really like your review. You have addressed the new levels both positively and negatively. I agree the 1st episode put a bad taste in everyone's mouth. You have made me think.

The were a lot of blockers in quite a number of levels. The release of our much awaited Candy Cobra is soon we think? So it would make sense to see how our group does on certain types of levels without the effect of Candy Cobra and then see exactly what Candy Cobra can do? Yes, I know we expect things to be tested beforehand. But how can the candy gods test us other than to test us? We all think so wonderfully different. If one is playing these levels when they are 1st released it is a play at your own risk sorta deal.

Favorite Episode - 4 (of course)

Favorite Level - 10422 (Woah, what a Messy, Mess!) Liked a Lot (Woah again in a different way)

Close 2nd Level - 10430 (Oh Woah a move that Frog/Sam) CB dispenser (FUN, FUN, FUN)

There are several levels that I marked to play again. Was on several all day road trips this week so I was playing perhaps not my best and there were a lot of blockers in some levels. At any rate this is the best seat in the house and where I want to be!

Coolest Board even though you don't ask: Level 10424 (Opening Board Pretty, Pretty) Key/Bomb Dispenser K! (Like a lot)

My opinion on the coolest board may have been tainted by tiredness and excessive blockers. Hehe!

• Michael-6
    edited October 2021
    Options

@Scooterpie I'm definitely more guilty than most at flying off in a rage about levels, so i thought i would try and be fair this time around!

Would definitely urge people to have a look again at some of the episode 3 levels, it may be better than you remember. 10409 with the fish and 10412 where you really need to utilise the frog to clear jellies were both very good. 10408 was good as well. 10415 too with the waffles releasing the bombs which then released the ingredients. 10410 was a quirky level. Even the really hard level was a fair challenge and you could time your use of the cake bombs to really help clear the liquorice order.

An interesting theory on the cobra. If it was being tested on some players on that first episode it have to be a miracle worker to make that in any way a fun experience!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?