Have King ever given a reason on why adverts keep crashing

Options
Carol-38
Carol-38 Posts: 11,033 Level 5

It has been an ongoing issue for ages, adverts crashing, freezing and closing the game. Not only is it frustrating when you get to the end of a level and are offered the chance of a few extra moves, but instead it crashes the game which then has to be reloaded. It is also frustrating when you can't even try for the odd booster in Sweet Cinema.

This has been relayed back to King time and time again but I have never seen a response. Has anyone seen or heard anything from King as to the reasons for the crashes and why this can't be put right.

Comments

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,904 Legend
    edited February 2022
    Options

@Carol-38 Has anyone seen or heard anything from King as to the reasons for the crashes and why this can't be put right.

As is the same with every issue that occurs in the game Carol we never get to know why they occur, or why they aren't corrected sooner.

The issue of the adverts crashing the game has been going on for over a year, and all we have been told in all of that time is that the issue is being investigated.

We have never been offered any kind of update during that year. It is quite frankly some of the poorest customer service you will come across.

The advert issue was supposed to have been fixed in January, so the lack of any feedback is especially frustrating.

No issue should take over a year to resolve.

It is like a little game within a game now. Every time I press the Sweet Cinema button I try and predict if my game will crash. Oh what fun.

• Crazy Cat Lad
    Crazy Cat Lad Posts: 14,123 Community Manager
    Options

Hi @Carol-38 !

The is a technical issue that are causing some various disruptions with the ads on some devices.

This is being looked into and hopefully the ads will work correctly soon.

We have a support thread about it here:

• Alienscar
    Options

And the above response neatly sums up my previous point @Carol-38

The link provided by @Crazy Cat Lad offers no explanation or ongoing help with the problem. The linked thread is just a collection of all the posts complaining about the issue and a general 'the issue is being investigated'.

No 'technical' issue should be left unresolved for over a year.

• Carol-38
    Carol-38 Posts: 11,033 Level 5
    Options

Hi @Alienscar I kind of guessed that would be the answer. I had contacted King many times re the crashing of adverts over the past 12 months. Each time the response was an automated reply saying, please go to King Community where you will get answers to your questions. So it's obvious they don't have or don't want to give an answer.

You try and predict if your game will crash when pressing the Sweet Cinema button, I hold my breath, must stop doing that.

Thanks for your response, it is much appreciated.

• Alienscar
    Options

I must admit @Carol-38 I find the whole thing about King directing people here from the official Player Support a bit disconcerting. No one here has any real technical knowledge about any of the issues, so I don't understand why they would direct people here.

Also I notice in the Terms and Conditions that this site is the first port of a call for legal issues as well. That is, the Terms state that a user must have tried to fix their issue through this site before taking any action against King. It is laughable to be honest.

You try and predict if your game will crash when pressing the Sweet Cinema button, I hold my breath, must stop doing that.

Haha, I went through a similar phase. Swearing at my game, holding my breath are just a few of things I have done. It has happened that often though it has just turned into part of the game for me now.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?