KING: Episode Race prizes definitely need to be changed

Options
Carol-38
Carol-38 Posts: 10,880 Level 5

Very rarely do I come 1st in the Episode Race, this seems to be my norm now.

Not even enough to get 1 lollipop hammer. As you can only get hammers in 3's and that's 19 gold or a UFO at 20 gold I need to get through an awful lot of Episodes winning just 1 gold bar to get any kind of booster or use for extra moves.

This has been going on for quite a while now King and really needs to be looked at. 1 gold bar for those coming 3rd, 4th or 5th is really quite pathetic and makes you look ultra mean.

Comments

• Blister
    Blister Posts: 165 Level 3
    Options

I agree with you, it's like something you get out of a cheap Christmas cracker. Not much of a treat, should be at !east 5 gold bars.

• unknownh24g
    unknownh24g Posts: 1,127 Level 4
    Options

Well, I have found a remedy for this. Being the first in the race everytime. For this, you need to wait until you get more boosters like UFOs, lollipops. You can get them through royalty too. Try to pass many levels in the first try. That will help you to be the first. But you need to stay patiently until you get more boosters.

• Carol-38
    Options

Oh @unknownh24g I know you mean well and it sounds a good idea. But believe me in the 11500's King have made it near on impossible to pass any level without gold bars for extra moves and or boosters. A lot of us have played 50 plus times on most levels for extra moves and still in some cases had to use boosters.

So I would need more boosters than I can imagine to pass 15 levels just to get 15 or 20 gold bars. On level 11578 at present, not shown with any difficulty but again it's a nightmare.

No King need to re-look at what players get and be a bit fairer if they are going to continue making new levels so difficult and unachievable.

Thanks for what you put though, I know you was trying to help.

• unknownh24g
    unknownh24g Posts: 1,127 Level 4
    Options

Me too feeling like that. I'm still at 5000s. But the thing is that there are levels which extremely hard and unpassable in the first try. Yesterday I had 102 win streak in candy necklace, and broken due to a level which is extremely hard and unpassable in the first try without UFOs. So I think I should wait until I get enough UFOs. At least 14.

For this, maybe I have to wait for 6 months from today, without playing new levels.

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,042 Legend
    Options

1 gold bar for those coming 3rd, 4th or 5th is really quite pathetic and makes you look ultra mean.

Can you imagine @Carol-38 watching the Olympics and everyone that didn't finish first got a bronze medal? It would be ridiculous wouldn't it! I really can't imagine what King think they are doing as it makes no sense to most people not to differentiate between the finishing positions in a race. Having to complete 285 levels just to earn 19 gold bars is a joke.

• Carol-38
    Options

I think @Alienscar King have lost the plot. On top of that I always get the Delux chocolate box and the 2nd one requires passing 4 new levels on 1 of the columns just to get 15 minute timed booster and - I think - some unlimited lives. Then to get the next choc box offering 10 gold bars but having to pass 6 new levels. The way levels are now that is a tough ask.

Makes me laugh when finishing an episode and getting 1 gold bar it's classed as a treat.

King really do need to re-look at these and sort something.

• Kazza-3
    Kazza-3 Posts: 216 Level 3
    Options

I wish they would reconsider this change but am not hopeful. A single gold bar is really nothing. Taking away the only reliable way to win gold bars. (I don’t really count the deluxe chocolate box as it’s often difficult to win without using boosters). Such an obvious way to try & force us to spend $$$.

A minor detail I realized this morning - I started a new race last night just before going to bed. When I woke up this morning one player had already finished & another was right at the end. Racing against players who must be in different time zones is unfortunate.

• Carol-38
    Options

Yes@Kazza-3 different times zones can be an added problem. Hopefully King will take note and sort something, especially as they are making new levels so difficult. The level I'm on at the moment has had moves reduced from 30 to 18 and definitely can't be passed.

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,042 Legend
    Options

This might not be a popular think to say @Carol-38 but I don't think they have lost the plot.

We all know that King make a lot of money from this game, so that means there are a lot of players that don't mind paying.

It seems to me that the idea behind reducing the rewards that we receive from our features is that the reduced reward configuration benefits those people that pay to play.

That is, if you pay for your boosters/lives/gold bars you are more likely to always get the best reward from a feature whilst those of us who do not pay will struggle to gain the best rewards.

From King's point of view I can see how this makes sense. They have no need to reward those players that want to play for free as it does not benefit them in anyway.

• Carol-38
    edited April 2022
    Options

Yes that is partially correct @Alienscar But there are many who do pay and still can't move forward because levels are so ridiculously difficult and they still don't have enough gold/boosters to pass. So for those paying who can't get 1st or 2nd in the episode race it's a double slap in the face.

They have lost the plot in a sense though. I mean even to give 5 gold bars for coming 3rd, 4th or 5th still means we have to pass 2 episodes to have enough for extra moves, which are now necessary in at least half the levels in episodes. Or pass 4 episodes to have enough for hammers or swaps or a UFO etc. It's not a lot to ask, and as I always say if you don't ask you definitely won't get.

It is still at the moment classed as a free game for those who chose not to/or those who can't afford to pay. Also it's meant to be fun and release stress, ha ha.

So they really should have a good look at what they are offering as treats. At the end of the day there will always be plenty of players willing to pay, so King won't lose anything money wise.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?