⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

🚫 What happened to the extra moves when you click on give up? (fixed)

Answers

• Michael-6
    Michael-6 Posts: 987 Level 3
    edited August 2022

Edited by CM:🤨 Hold on a bit! Please remember to be sweet and kind - Check our House Rules

• amismc
    amismc Posts: 26 Level 2

Thanks again King for not addressing the issue of taking away the feature of accumulating extra moves so you can pass a level. I have now wasted $14.99 plus tax on your 24 hour special because I can't get beyond a certain level due to not being able to get extra moves. You have reached a new low on terrible customer service and beibg greedy. That is the last dime I spend on your game! Players, beware!

• Pattyt67
    Pattyt67 Posts: 247 Level 3

Yes. The fun should be what they added to. Instead they’ve taken it away. I’m looking for new games.

• amismc
    amismc Posts: 26 Level 2

This is how much time out of 24 hours of a special that I have left to pass the level I have been stuck on for most of the 24 hours unless I spend even more money on gold bars to get more moves. If they hadn't taken away the feature to accumulate up to 30 moves over several attempts I would have been able to move to the next level.

• olgab
    olgab Posts: 27 Level 2

no extra moves for the past week and seems the suggestion is to stop playing -- doesn't seem like much help at all

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 13,491 Legend

@bigfish Why do they do this?

My guess is they are doing this to maintain a balance. It is easy to forget that King is a business and as part of that business they need to make money to pay their employees, so whilst Candy Crush is free to play and download King do have to find ways of making money from it.

I have said before that I honestly don't think that King understand their customers and I include paying and non-paying customers in that statement. When they introduced the ability for players to send and receive lives so easily I don't think they were prepared for, or expected the change that introduced to people's attitude towards the game and lives. Even I started to play for slightly longer than I used to. One side effect of being able to receive and store 1000 lives that I noticed was that timed boosters suddenly became useable for their full time. In my opinion another side effect of this was unseen by the customer and that was King were losing money. I think because people had more lives than they could use and never run out of, and because they could now fully use a timed booster people started to buy less.

This destroyed the balance of the game for King, so they had to do something about it. This was their second mistake. Having realised that the game is more enjoyable when you can play for as long as you want to people have reacted negatively to the removal of the 'unlimited' lives and the introduction of a storage limit. I don't think King expected this negativity and, having lost money already, I think they found they were losing more money again because the storage limit meant that people that normally didn't mind buying things for their game stopped doing so.

Now King are stuck between a rock and a hard place they have to maintain the balance of the game such that it encourages and rewards people for buying things, but every change they introduce now just highlights how much of a money grab the game actually is. I think they will find that the mistake they made with the storage limits has irreversibly changed people's attitude towards the game.

Balance is also the reason we have lost the level rankings, and the extra moves. It looks like King has decided to return the 'unlimited' lives, but to maintain the game balance they have determined that we can't have 30 free moves and bulk send lives.

This leads us back to King being a business. Non-paying customers can't expect to breeze through the levels as otherwise there would be no incentive for customers to buy. So people have to decide what they want. Unlimited lives from their friends or extra moves and a level ranking that allows the bulk sending of lives. As non-paying customers we can't expect all of those features at the same time.

TLDR: King don't care about changes that only affect non-paying customers.

• pjshuot
    pjshuot Posts: 14 Level 2

I asked and the answer I received was that that was a special event and as such is temporary as most of the special events are. According to the person from King, they do this continually, that is, create special events and then get rid of them. No mention of customer input at all.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?