๐ŸŒถ๏ธ๐Ÿฌ Hot & Sweet right now in Candy Crush Saga!

Episode Race definitely fixed

Carol-38
Carol-38 Posts: 11,650 Level 5
edited November 2022 in Discussions

In the last 4 newly designed Episode Race's I've been in I haven't had one other player showing a milestone badge. Started the Episode Race this morning and within 50 minutes a player had reached the last level.

Now I know some players pay for moves, gold bars etc but to be able to pass the nightmarishly levels we have, I find it very hard to believe this is achievable in 50 minutes. This is how the Episode is at present and even levels not shown with any difficulty, are.

It's just got to the stage now King where nothings fun or worth trying for. The same as the Cupcake Collection where players reach ridiculous amounts within minutes. And Yeti's Quests where we have to pass 7 or more new levels for a miserly prize.

King keep advertising Let's Celebrate 10 Years of Fun. We'll I'd love to but that's not going to happen until King actually bring it back to the fun game it used to be.

ยซ13

Comments

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 16,066 Legend

Do you know if the player shown in first place of your Episode Race is a member of this forum @Carol-38?

I know the likes of @Peter_Tornaros and @Tzvi_Marcu complete the new levels (all 45 of them) on the day of release very quickly. 50 minutes for 15 levels sounds about right for them I think.

50 minutes an Episode would be about three hours or so for the whole Wednesday release which I think is what I have read they have done on occasion.

• Carol-38

I don't know @Alienscar who the player in first place is or if any of them are actually real. If that sounds bad, I apologise but I've lost a lot of faith in the way King do things now.

Yes I know @Peter_Tornaros @Tzvi_Marcu and others pass the new levels at a fast pace but that's normally before King mess around with the levels ready for mobile players.

The levels are now SO ridiculous I would be very surprised if even with UFO's, party boosters, buying lives etc a player could get that far in 50 minutes. Or maybe that's the way now, to spend a fortune, for what?

• Kerrie
    Kerrie Posts: 2,873 Level 5

@Carol-38 Some people can do it. If I had timed boosters and win streak going I could probably do it within 50 mins...at lower levels only, I'm not that good.

Unfortunately when some players choose to have unlimited lives, boosters, moves and gold bars it's hard/impossible for legitimate players to compete with them. ๐Ÿ˜ญ

• Carol-38

Hi @Kerrie Thanks. Quite a long time ago I completed the odd Episode in 60 minutes. That was really going for it, with lucky boards and timed boosters and many UFO's from Fantastic 5. Definitely way before life restriction and the removal of F5. I'm still not convinced that with the way levels are messed around with and made so difficult especially in the 12000's that what has been done is achievable in 50 minutes. Maybe and it is only a maybe, if a player has unlimited lives, a massive bucket load of gold bars, UFO's, party boosters etc and they just play and play, they might just do It, I'm still not convinced though . It's also strange how none of my friends shown on the same episode moved any faster, they were already there yesterday before me and play daily, shame they weren't in my Episode Race. As I said before none of the players in the last 4 races had milestone badges, which makes me more suspicious. Most players in the 12000's are experienced and would want/have their 10000 badge, but that's 16 I've played against who haven't. I would love to know for sure that they are real players, but that's something I'll never get to find out.

Maybe it's just me being fed up with the way King have ruined a fun game. But to be honest there are quite a few strange things that happen, I guess that's just King not wanting to give much away. So for now I will stick with my fixed theory.

• Peter_Tornaros
    Peter_Tornaros Posts: 2,105 Level 5

Hello @Carol-38 and @Alienscar I have not had the Episode Race in my Win10 game for nearly a year. I used to be able to finish an Episode in under 50 minutes if things fell my way. However now, as the game has become so boring with boards crammed with blockers including Jelly Jars and/or Sour Skulls in most levels, I can only stand to play for about 30 minutes at a time.

We, at the top, and playing the Win10 version, are supposed to be giving our views on the newly released levels, so glitches, impossible levels, etc, can be sorted before release on devices. For a long time, our advice has been ignored, so the Design Studio just continues to produce a grossly inferior, boring product. I long for the days when skill and tactics were a big part of the game. It is now a blast your way through game and if you don't have the fire power, you are expected to buy it.

Anything that gives you an advantage like the Fantastic 5, Sugar Track, Episode Race, etc are removed in the never ending quest for the almighty $$$$.

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 16,066 Legend

@Carol-38 Yes I know Peter, Tzvi and others pass the new levels at a fast pace but that's normally before King mess around with the levels ready for mobile players.

It doesn't matter when they passed the levels though Carol you could still be racing against them. It is part of what makes the Episode Race so difficult. The Race isn't a real time race. You are competing against the record of how quickly other players have completed the levels you are playing. The problem with for you is you will be playing against the record of people that had more moves than you do.

• Kerrie

I want my 12000 badge but for whatever reason I can't get it. There's numerous players in my friends list with higher levels than what's on their banner.

I haven't had any issues with episode race so far.๐Ÿคž๐Ÿ™ Please stay that way.๐Ÿคž๐Ÿ™

The weekly contest is another story. I'm on level 12127 and would like to play against people close to that level. There's a big difference between playing at 4000 and 12000. I have many many friends 9000 and above.

• Kerrie

I'm sorry @Peter_Tornaros I misspoke and should've said banner instead of badge. I appreciate you getting the information for me, that was nice, thank you.

• Carol-38

Thanks @Peter_Tornaros @Alienscar @Kerrie for your responses. It's always nice to hear other views. I know Peter you always give good feedback on the new levels as I follow what is being said. But it's obvious King only really want to know if they're too easy so that they can make them impossible without gold and/or boosters.

I read your explanation of how the episode race is done Alienscar but still find it strange. I have just looked at how mine stands at the moment, and the 1st player is in the same position. Still has 1 more level to pass, so they managed 14 levels in 50 minutes and 28 hours later still there. I think it's more that King want the only real player -that's me in this race - to get a rush on and pay to move faster.

You say I'm really playing against a record of how other players have compelted the episode. Well I have won a few in the past that took me 2 days so I couldn't have been competing against the windows 10 players.

Never mind again something we'll never know the full truth about and at least I get 1 gold bar approx once a week. So every 2 to 3 months I'll have enough to use on extra moves.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?