⭕ Why can't I play in landscape mode anymore? Game too small!

Options

Answers

• trishah
    trishah Posts: 42 Level 2
    Options

Candy Crush Saga is not the only King game I've been playing for years. I also play Candy Crush Soda Saga, and Farm Animals Sage, both of which I can still play in landscape mode! The funny thing is... they are not as enjoyable any longer. It's like playing any King game has been tarnished for me. I've lost my love for King.

I'm currently playing Gem Valley, which plays a lot like Candy Crush games, but it has a real journey you have to collect resources to move through the story. And it's kind. The sounds are kind. The Rockets work sorta like Candy Crush Fish, but at the end of a level, when you need that one last piece to win, if you have a Rocket it will zero in on that one piece! It's very satisfying. Took me a while to learn but it was well worth it.

• PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 35,538 Candy Moderator
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hello Alan @alan304🤗 Hearty Welcome to our sweet King Community!

It is the change that Candy Studio has brought on to all devices - mobile gadgets, computers - Facebook browser version as well as the App version!!

Unfortunately, we cannot change it but, only can provide our feedback and hope that the Studio listens to us and changes it back!! Please check our main thread where all the Candy Crushers are providing their feedback --> Why can't I play Landscape Mode anymore

If you have any further questions, you can post back by typing in the blank box given below to my comment.

Thank you for joining our Community and have a great weekend ahead🍫🍫

• momica
    momica Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Why is the game showing in center of screen and not full screen

• PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 35,538 Candy Moderator
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hello @momica🤗 Hearty Welcome to our sweet King Community!

The Candy Studio change the layout of the game and hence, you see it at the center of the screen. And the mobile users can only play the game in portrait mode but not in Landscape mode anymore!!

Unfortunately, as players, there is nothing we can do to change it, but to leave our feedback and let them know that we do not like it!

If you have any questions, please post back by typing in the blank box given below to my comment.

Thank you for joining our Community! Have a great weekend ahead🍫🍫

• SuzanneB
    SuzanneB Posts: 135 Level 2
    edited August 2023
    Options

A LOT of people hate portrait mode. But even a lot of the ones that don't mind playing on portrait mode are against having it forced on everyone when they don't want it. King is the only one who seems to have no problem ruining the game for a lot of people. Why don't they ASK before pulling stunts like this. ASK in a survey or ASK right here in the forum instead of running willy nilly through the game changing everything in a way people hate to the point they quit playing.

• Bonesy123
    Bonesy123 Posts: 6 Level 2
    edited August 2023
    Options

I really wish they would change it back, I really loved playing, but with the screen I find it is not so enjoyable.... change it back

• cookiemae
    cookiemae Posts: 674 Level 3
    edited August 2023
    Options

I don't mind the new portrait mode. I am a senior been playing for about 11 years .I never expect any of the game companies to ask us anything before they change. I do play a few games on Facebook and they change all the time. I just keep playing or don't. I can see the screen very well and I am very old so it's fine with me. Since I retired about 8 years ago I spend a lot of time on games (hope to keep my mind fresh) and have seen multiple games change. This game is no different.

• DoraKalymnos
    DoraKalymnos Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options

Since this past Thursday on my laptop the game has changed into portrait & I'm not enjoying it at all...seriously thinking about deleting the game

• kiara_wael
    kiara_wael Posts: 150,034 Candy Moderator
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hi and Welcome to the King Community

Recently a changed was made in the game to only let players play in Portrait mode (this is how the game would look like when playing on a phone). This change is also effective on Windows. Currently there’s no plans on changing this back, but please leave your feedback on the change in this discussion.

You can also find more information about the change here: https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/kb/articles/2165-why-cant-i-play-in-landscape-mode-anymore

• ammccord
    ammccord Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

This is still an issue for me on my iPad! Why!?!? We don’t like it, stop it

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?