⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

⭕ Why can't I play in landscape mode anymore? Game too small!

Options

Answers

• 2thewind
    2thewind Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

About the charge to portrait mode:

Many of the players that play on laptop and desktop are of the older generation. We do not play on our cell phones. Many of us do so because our eyesight is no longer the best. I myself have glaucoma and the smaller size although manageable now will not be for long.

I am afraid that the decision to do this will ultimately lead to losing a whole generation of players that are retired and have hours to play that game but will no longer be able to see it. I strongly advice to rethink this decision. Older people depend on playing games to help keep their minds sharp. Our doctors even advise us to do so. So please change the game back and help to keep older people mentally alert longer.

Thanks for hearing me out.

• dondo9
    dondo9 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Just now when I open Candy Crush on my PC the playing screen is now a narrow screen and difficult to play-why did it switch and how can I fix it?

• kiara_wael
    kiara_wael Posts: 146,610 Candy Moderator
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hi and Welcome to the King Community

Recently a changed was made in the game to only let players play in Portrait mode (this is how the game would look like when playing on a phone). This change is also effective on Windows. Currently there’s no plans on changing this back, but please leave your feedback on the change in this discussion.

You can also find more information about the change here: https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/kb/articles/2165-why-cant-i-play-in-landscape-mode-anymore

• ElmerFudd55
    ElmerFudd55 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Hello....I am a Senior Citizen that plays candy crush on my PC ONLY....I cannot see the screen well enough to play on any other device...I don't play on my phone or tablet...I have a 27" screen so I can SEE THE PLAYING FIELD. Now you have shrunk it down to 4x5 in portrait only. This doesn't work for ME. Someone needs to separate the playing GUI to accommodate the different devices everyone plays on...PC mode should be different from playing on a phone or tablet . I've been playing for several years so now I'll wait until you fix this error.

• tatler
    tatler Posts: 9 Level 2
    edited August 2023
    Options

You say that this change was made to accomidate the folks who play on their phones at the expense of everyone who does not. Putting an option in to allow all players to chose how they want to view/play the game would accomidate all players

• CindyNassiep
    CindyNassiep Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options

I played in fullscreen all the time and now all of a sudden the game won't play in fullscreen mode on windows 10,I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it but nothing..also tried everything but nothing is working

• kiara_wael
    kiara_wael Posts: 146,610 Candy Moderator
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hi and Welcome to the King Community

Recently a changed was made in the game to only let players play in Portrait mode (this is how the game would look like when playing on a phone). This change is also effective on Windows. Currently there’s no plans on changing this back, but please leave your feedback on the change in this discussion.

You can also find more information about the change here: https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/kb/articles/2165-why-cant-i-play-in-landscape-mode-anymore

• CindyNassiep
    edited August 2023
    Options

I don't feel like I want to play the game anymore...there are also basically no options for this game...eg fullscreen mode.

• CindyNassiep
    edited August 2023
    Options

I hate the changes made to the game...I won't play it anymore so you have lost a loyal player and I'm sure you will lose many more..I don't see how a smaller screen is more fun...I hate it

• pankeytwo
    pankeytwo Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options

I have been having problems with the game but the only thing that really bother me is that the game in a small area in the center of the game making it hard to see(?). Every thing is much smaller.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?