⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

⭕ Why can't I play in landscape mode anymore? Game too small!

Options

Answers

• HelenBall
    HelenBall Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited June 2023
    Options

I prefer landscape, why have they changed it to portrait. Landscape is easier to play and see which level you are on, for some reason it keeps going back to a level I have already passed.

• Debbgood
    Debbgood Posts: 21 Level 2
    edited June 2023
    Options

Agree 100%. Played for 10 years, and now I refuse to play in portrait mode on iPad

• mroute
    mroute Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited June 2023
    Options

This is the second time they’ve done this. Last time I stopped playing till they corrected it. Looks like I will be stopping again.

The trick to creating an addictive game is to make it appeal to as many users as possible. This change alienates users and is therefore counterproductive.

So what if you want to improve gameplay, fine but if users will only play in landscape then you have clearly damaged gameplay.

Whoever is your UX designer needs to go and work for a company that does not want worldwide success.

As for me bye for now till you fix it!!

• bigfish
    bigfish Posts: 53 Level 3
    edited June 2023
    Options

When does the portrait experiment finish? It’s impossible to hold the case & you land up with arm ache all iPad cases are for horizontal viewing. The other gripe I have is candy royale & being forced to play it I could opt out of it on my iPad but that has vanished I DO NOT WANT TO PLAY IT ON MY PAD OR PHONE please give me my choice back. I thought candy crush was finally changing I was starting to enjoy it again, I have actually had some good games but slowly we are going backwards again I had ads on phone & pad but they have vanished is this an experiment as well? I am getting no where again with out them so for your candy cup summer is a waste of time for me & boring.. Where have the cherries gone?

• sbald
    sbald Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

So now instead of being able to set my ipad on my table and play while having my coffee, I have to hold my tablet upright with one hand, which I can only do for a few minutes as I have bad wrists, or I have to use an object to prop it up…. Sorry King, you have made playing this game so much harder.. please put it back and restore all my hard earned boosters too..

• eoinyb123
    eoinyb123 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Like the previous 84 pages of complaints I too find it ridiculous that we can no longer play in landscape mode. High level daily player who will no longer be playing. Hope it’s worth it King because I can’t see how you are going to keep players after this absurd move.I’ll check back in a few months and if it’s back to normal I might resume playing.

• tijean01
    tijean01 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited June 2023
    Options

When landscape will be back? Stupid playing portrait way

• faizaa
    faizaa Posts: 5 Level 2
    edited June 2023
    Options

If landscape mode doesn’t come back I am going to stop playing as well!

King programmers listen to your audience! We bring you a lot of money buying bars, boosters etc!

• LBar
    LBar Posts: 6 Level 2
    edited June 2023
    Options

All iPad players are complaining. King doesn’t care about us at all, as evident from what they have basically said when initiating this unwelcome change: “We know you are disappointed we have vanquished the landscape option but we do not value you as a customer player enough to reconcile landscape view with all of our new bells and whistles. So go away.”

• therese297
    therese297 Posts: 7 Level 2
    edited June 2023
    Options

I completely agree I haven’t played since they changed it!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?