⭕ Why can't I play in landscape mode anymore? Game too small!

Options

Answers

• kiara_wael
    kiara_wael Posts: 147,548 Candy Moderator
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hi and Welcome to the King Community

Recently a changed was made in the game to only let players play in Portrait mode (this is how the game would look like when playing on a phone). This change is also effective on Windows. Currently there’s no plans on changing this back, but please leave your feedback on the change in this discussion.

You can also find more information about the change here: https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/kb/articles/2165-why-cant-i-play-in-landscape-mode-anymore

• Karenr2
    Karenr2 Posts: 56 Level 2
    edited August 2023
    Options

Same here

I keep trying new games, but not found a proper replacement as yet.

They all seem 'superficial' perhaps because I'd invested 10 years (?) and have completed over 11000 levels in CCS.

Its hard to let go, but if they can do this to the game and ignore all the feedback from their users (Customers), who's to say what the game will even look like in a year.

I recently succumbed and played the laptop version, based on the recent complaints here, just to see how small it is now and see what the 'new' chocolate box looks like - I got a lot of up front moves as a bonus for coming back and got through the immediate tricky level - I can still play on PC (luckily not too small for me at the moment), but prefer not to because

a) my PC is a 'work' tool - if its on, its been turned on for a reason, my tablet is the play device (My phone is the fall back device if the tablet is busy playing 'dragons' - but even on the phone I preferred landscape mode)

b) I like (need!) the end-of-level-adverts-for-extra-moves which seem to only be on the mobile versions.

I'd go back to Candy Crush Soda Saga to see if I'm still stuck there - but what's the point of playing any King games anymore because they could just do the same there!

So still lost, waiting for someone to bite the bullet and put it back 😥

🤣

PS don't like the change to the choc box either, but didn't progress enough in one session for it to matter.

• Karenr2
    Karenr2 Posts: 56 Level 2
    Options

As a developer myself (nothing as flash as games) I can understand one of the (potential) reasons for the change - only one platform needs developing, only one needs testing etc - a managers dream, so it may not even have been the developers choice, but a management one.

But it's a bad decision to destroy any product with over 10 years of invested users

And bad business practise to downgrade the product - but perhaps they have users to throw away (perhaps they forget 'a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush' i.e. the customer you have is worth 2 potential new ones who might sign up, but lose interest in a couple of weeks)

• UrSweet1
    UrSweet1 Posts: 32 Level 2
    edited August 2023
    Options

👏

Hi, I am in the same boat and if I could meet the people who keep * about with the screen I would happily throttle them. If you find a workaround please let me know.

*Edited by CM:🤨 Hold on a bit! Please remember to be sweet and kind - Our House Rules 

• trishah
    trishah Posts: 42 Level 2
    Options

I was getting close to 6,000 levels on CCS and can no longer play it on a PC so I quit. As a replacement (I play a PC using Facebook to play CCS) I have found "Gem Valley" which I'm actually liking more than CCS. Took me a while to get rid of my Candy-Crush-brain and learn how to get through the journey (yes there is an actual story to move through). It's kind. There are rockets that work sorta like fish BUT is you have a rocket and you need one last piece, it zeros in on it no matter where on the board it is.

• calamar2000
    calamar2000 Posts: 20 Level 2
    Options

Bonsoir. no way to use facebook! sorry but bad for kids! so as before! and it works well!!

• calamar2000
    edited August 2023
    Options

no way to use facebook! sorry but bad for kids! so as before! and it works well!!

• UrSweet1
    UrSweet1 Posts: 32 Level 2
    Options

we are ( 6 of us ) having a LEAVE CANDY CRUSH party tomorrow where all 6 of us will delete the app, and never play it again.....cant wait🤣

• HelenR25
    HelenR25 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options

Please change the screen size back or at least give people a choice! The portrait only is awful spoils the game and we don't all play on our phones!

• calamar2000
    Options

no way to use facebook! sorry but bad for kids! so as before! and it works well!!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?