Do you know how to use the Candy Frog?

Options
JeffMakesGames
JeffMakesGames Posts: 118 Level 3

Lately, I have been encountering people who seem to be confused about how to use the Candy Frog, even though I would have thought the game taught players on its function. Maybe the game needs to explain it again or give reminders of its function.

When people see it as an order to collect, they seem to think that they have to destroy the frog and keep asking how to "remove" it, without realizing the Candy Frog is actually a helpful candy that does not actually vanish and cannot be destroyed. They see it glowing but don't think to click it, or maybe they are clicking it but the game isn't hinting how to use it?

Do you know how to use the Candy Frog? 4 votes

Yes!
100%
JeffMakesGamesbadardakhemaramgiachinilauraDeal_One 4 votes
No! How do I use it?!
0%

Comments

• giachinilaura
    giachinilaura Posts: 91 Level 3
    Options
    Yes!
    I don't see it anymore, I would love to use it

• YANKO
    YANKO Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited April 2023
    Options

*Edited by CM: 🤔 Oops! Please repost in English so everyone can understand - Our House Rules 

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,914 Legend
    Options

@QueenB @Novapichu This is a very good point that @JeffMakesGames is making. We have seen so many confused players in the community who do not understand how the frog works and that it can be useful!! (@YANKO asked in Spanish just now when seeing this post).

I now remember that when I played those frog levels many years ago I did not understand them either! It took me months or even years to figure it out, honestly. When I encountered the first frog level I found some other way around it to solve it, lots of lollipop hammers I think, and then there were no further frog levels for a long period. There was a message saying "Feed Me" back then, and even with that I did not understand why I should feed the frog.

When new blockers and features first appear in the game there need to be several levels that use them in close succession so players learn how these affect their game. I do very much like the frog myself, so please don't get rid of it! The developers need to just go back and look at how the frog is introduced in the game.

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,852 Legend
    edited April 2023
    Options

@christinewupp I would say some of the confusion is caused by the level designers. There is actually an in-game tutorial for the Candy Frog, but this has been made redundant because the level designers have now introduced the Candy Frog into levels that occur before the tutorial.

If the level designers thought more about what they were doing this issue wouldn't be as bad. All they have to do is move the Frog tutorial to the first level that it is used in.

Also I don't understand why players that are playing levels 4000 and upwards are asking for help with the Candy Frog. Surely by then they gave used the Frog more than once anyway.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?