20 lives limit/spending money

Peggy-6
Peggy-6 Posts: 15 Level 2
edited May 2023 in Discussions

Hi all, I know this means nothing to the Devs but it makes me feel better to rant here. I am an avid player who believes in spending money on this game. It takes money to keep a game going and the Devs deserve to make money for all their hard work. That being said, I made myself a promise that I will quit putting money on this game when I am restricted to 20 lives a day. That happened today. I feel that I should be able to play as long as I want if I am paying to do so. I will continue to play because I have a great team that I feel loyal to but I will not be spending money on this game until this has changed. There are other games that I can spend on that do not restrict my playing time. BTW I am a level 7000 player

Comments

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 13,623 Legend

As rants go @Peggy-6 yours was very nicely worded and you get your point across succinctly.

I can't believe you have only just had your inbox restricted to twenty lives to be honest and that fact alone makes me suspicious of King's intent with the whole process of limiting lives.

For me you are a perfect example of how King do not understand their game, or their customers. Plenty of players have said that they don't mind paying for boosters and other game items, but, like you, plenty have also said they will not buy lives, and some have said they will not buy anything following the change to their Inbox.

Changes that alienate their paying customers makes absolutely no sense. I can only imagine that even though plenty of people complain about the change that enough people start to buy unlimited lives to make up for those players that stop.

I hope you can stick to what you say and no longer buy anything for your game.

• Arrowflinger
    Arrowflinger Posts: 322 Level 3

I'm also of the opinion that there should be no limit on life's. People should be able to play for as long as they want to without having restrictions placed on them. Where I am in the game I can use all my life's in as little as 10 minutes due to the difficulty of the levels. I won't ever be forced into buying more life's.

@Alienscar I agree that either King doesn't understand its customer base or doesn't care. All the recent changes to the game with the map, crap rewards from the chocolate box, removing fantastic 5, the 20 life's a day limit, impossible levels etc despite all the negative feedback left here by the community it seems to me like a like it and lump it attitude from King.

• 4Shepps
    4Shepps Posts: 64 Level 2

I am furious. Twenty lives . They are going to loose people playing now. They keep messing with the format and I’m seriously never spending any money until this decision has been reversed . Sorry for my rant . I’m on nearly 12000 so they want to loose the loyal people ? Plenty of games were your not restricted .

• Tipi73
    Tipi73 Posts: 6 Level 2

20 lives limit is ridiculous and should be removed asap. I reached lvl 12k yesterday and now I thinking of quitting the game , because of this . Devs don't understand that they will lose a lot of players... Taking away the freedom to play as much as we want , makes the game impossible to proceed and takes all the fun away from it.

• alisha2476
    alisha2476 Posts: 3 Newbie

I agree, I am on level 11,923 and will delete the game completely if it isn’t changed. I have spend numerous amounts of money on this game and to be told how often I play without buying lives is crazy.

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 13,623 Legend

@4Shepps They keep messing with the format and I’m seriously never spending any money until this decision has been reversed 

I’m on nearly 12000 so they want to loose the loyal people 

This is one aspect of the 20 lives issue that I don't quite understand 4Shepps.

Being at level 12000 I imagine you have been playing for several years. That being the case you and everyone else that has played the game for more than three years must realise that for a long time the game didn't have even twenty extra lives.

Before March 2021 the reality for most players was just their five lives. There was no friends list for the majority of players. It was different for Facebook players, but only just as for a lot of Facebook players Candy Connections caused more issues than it solved.

From my point of view then if King listens to everyone and puts the game back to what it once was then there would be no adding friends or life limits there would be just five lives and a wait until they refresh.

• Tipi73
    Tipi73 Posts: 6 Level 2

Also the boosters with time limits becomes almost useless!!

• 9dogmom
    9dogmom Posts: 1 Newbie

I spend money on this game because I love to play the game. If I am being limited on lives I will not be spending anymore money Give us our lives back! I am an adult, what I do is my business!!

• JBusam
    JBusam Posts: 9 Level 2

First they take away the rewards program so it's difficult to get any decent amount of power plays to continue to progress through levels is nearly impossible...now you limit our lives accumulated that we can use to only 20 a day! I think they must not be wanting people to play their game. It was hard enough to progress without now being restricted how much we can play! 😡😡😡😡😡😡

• mamasugarwaffle
    mamasugarwaffle Posts: 1 Newbie

What’s up with the restricting lives? So ridiculous. Please change back and quite making these stupid changes.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?