๐ŸŒถ๏ธ๐Ÿฌ Hot & Sweet right now in Candy Crush Saga!

๐ŸŒด๐ŸŒž Summer Nostalgia Season - Summer Games โšฝ

Options

Comments

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,782 Level 5
    Options

Oh no! THE GLITCH got you.! Poor Titan, what a blow!.... It hasn't got me yet, don't know why, with all those games I've played. Hey, that is really tough and I'm sorry you lost that impressive win streak. One does wonder why King haven't fixed it...... Well, I have my suspicions.

• christinewupp
    Options

Right, I'm done with trying to gain boosters now to stock up for Friday. My little experiment - to see if you can compete in these events without cheating - is definitely failing here. I've completed Season Pass, I've completed the halftime challenge and won every episode race, but hey, am I making a profit? No! There is no passing without boosters and not enough free boosters so I have to spend my gold to buy them and I AM making a loss at the moment.

I must be a really bad player, because I'm down to a paltry 133 gold bars after reaching level 546. King have won. There are some great and easy episodes I can win just on a win streak, but then along comes this rubbish:

So no chance in a million years, you need a starting board that lets you get the first key at the very least, and they won't let you play any starting boosters? Why??? I get the message this level doesn't affect my win streak, but actually it did because I was put back to win streak 1 at the end of it. Not that I care. The next level was just as bad, also no starting boosters allowed and fixed to make you lose on your first try. I don't have the patience for this rubbish. I just don't. I couldn't wait for the free pass on this one and I played a switch and lollipop hammer after about 20 tries when I saw it could be done with those. I guess the lucky board and free pass would eventually have come... Ah yes, and then you reach legendary level 540, think "I'd better play starting boosters," and then it's easy and I wasted those boosters! This game is one big hoax, even at these very modest levels. I wonder if Val gets better boards... I'll spend my time doing something else for a while now, thank you.

Sorry about the angry rant....

• Rhonda_L
    Rhonda_L Posts: 542 Level 3
    edited August 2023
    Options

Your anger ranting/venting is like I did yesterday! Absolutely NO apologies necessary, really!

In reading all the same frustrating, difficult, unreal craziness that's happening on the lower levels, I think I'll just keep my stress at 14509 for now! LOL

I can't even imagine starting over with that kind of irritation. I remember those levels used to be fun. Years ago, I'd go back to play just for the heck of it to beat my scores, starting at Level 1. Hmph, can't do that anymore seeing King got rid of that SIMPLE enjoyment! WTG King!!!

Is what it is, right? So sad.๐Ÿ™

• TitanCrusher
    TitanCrusher Posts: 365 Level 3
    Options

@cookiemae are you ready for the finals? I feel no dude to get top 3 and the 200 GB if they put me to compete in a group of 80-100 players.

Now if I have to compete against the entire โ€œteamโ€ Misty to get the 200 GBโ€ฆIโ€™ll sit it out and root for my friends from here to get the prize.

• lelensp
    lelensp Posts: 52,716 Level 5
    Options

@christinewupp is halftime event and season pass the only source of boosters given by king for lower levels?

When I used to play the lower levels there are lots of games provided to earn boosters. Chocolate box was then a good source.

I hope King would be generous again in gifting boosters for us to enjoy the game.

• christinewupp
    Options

When I used to play those levels first time round years ago, yes, there were even the sweet jars, those candies with a horizontal stripe in the middle to collect which spawned when there was a nice cascade. That was great and there were so many boosters to be collected with those just replaying your favourite old level. It used to be such fun. That is one reason why there are still players out there in the 14,000s who have gold and boosters saved up.

I do have the chocolate box, but it's one I cannot choose and it asks me to play a lollipop hammer to get the timed reward. I will probably play one eventually, but at the moment I don't have one left. King got to me yesterday and the game made me use my last and only hammer with their continuous blockage at a hard level. I could kick myself for not remembering an old trick I used before to speed up the appearance of lucky boards. It can't be a cheat, because after all, the game is random and not in any way fixed or predetermined ๐Ÿ˜‰, so in theory it shouldn't even have worked. Well it did, I wonder why ๐Ÿค”. I'm only getting my boosters the regular way, but I have to somehow keep my sanity if the game is getting too boring and frustrating to play.

To answer your question, at the beginning of Candy Crush I get three of each booster as a gift, except the Party Popper, here you get one. Then you get given 50 gold and after that it's the same events everyone else gets. And that means timed boosters, nothing to keep til later mostly. I think the only way to succeed in the game now is to win all the episode races and then use the gold to buy boosters, be remarkably patient and spend a ridiculous amount of time playing it, or cheat. Or spend lots of money, I forgot that one. Anyone reading this who has a better strategy, please post it here.

This game is really testing your patience if you play according to the game rules. It will drive player away to be sure.

Sorry we are using this thread for a private chat, but it's Halftime after all, and it does regard preparing for the final!

• lelensp
    Options

Our chat is in preparation for the finals. So I think its ok to discuss those issues here. Its true saving boosters for events like this is one easy strategy. That is if King will provide more games to earn boosters. How we wish chocolate was the way it was before where we earned the lollipop hammers.

Its good I made it to the top to earn the 30 pieces party boosters which I may use some to top the finals though its not that easy.

• christinewupp
    Options

Well done for getting those party poppers, use them wisely. There definitely are levels where those will come in handy. But remember that 10 party poppers cost 219 gold to buy. So if you use 10 to win the prize of 200 gold you'll be making a net loss. But then it's about having fun playing, isn't it?

• lelensp
    Options

Thanks. I will use them wisely. I hate spending boosters more than what I get in return.

• lelensp
    Options

Yes we really miss those funny memes. I dont see that thread anymore. A lot are now inactive in the community. We surely miss a lot of them.

This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?