Getting very disgusted with the greediness of this game

Options
Cheryl_Ann_
Cheryl_Ann_ Posts: 19 Pro Player 👑
edited September 2023 in Discussions

I am above level 9000. Every level I have achieved requires boosters or game extensions. Why? Because not only are they dropping the number of moves to complete, they are increasing what a player must achieve. Also, fewer reward boosters. For example, level 9049 - Used to be 23 moves, 6 cherries, and 2 covered bombs. Now it requires one less move, 22 but requires 10 cherries/dragons plus the two covered bombs. Haven't you made enough money without changing the landscape? I just spent 3 weeks on a similar level. Adding 125 lives is ridicules.I can't even compare my skill to previous players because they had it easier. Ridicules.

Comments

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,761 Level 5
    Options

You use the word "skill". I don't agree that you can ever compare your skill with other players in Candy Crush. It is not a game of skill, it is largely fixed by the algorithms and the outcome of many levels is predetermined by those (which candies are on the starting board and which drop). I have also found that some players are playing an easier algorithm than others, probably throughout their games. I know this because I have two games on two devices and one of my games has no legendary levels and is obviously easier to advance in than my other game. You cannot even compare your game to others playing the same identical looking level right now.

The changes King have made lately that make your game harder have also made it much more obvious how they have fixed the game. In essence it is by manipulating at which point, if ever, the player gets a lucky board that will allow them to pass. With these stupid changes that have made Candy Crush so hard and annoying King have really given their "game" away, figuratively speaking that is, of course..... They used to be much more subtle.

• Cheryl_Ann_
    Cheryl_Ann_ Posts: 19 Pro Player 👑
    Options

What levels are each of your games? Are you using a separate email for each? Are they both mobile, PC, or one of each? I notice that there is a difference between the progress made on my PC game and my mobile game. I agree they have manipulated the outcome and there are algorithms. The too many pop-ups are annoying because they interrupt any enjoyment a game is supposed to be fun. So, I will probably keep the same playing style, a couple times a day until the free lives are used up and move on to some other equally manipulated game play.

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,761 Level 5
    Options

I play on iPad and on iPhone with my two games. I use a King login with email. I'm not sure whether playing on PC is different and have no experience with Facebook. Good luck with your game!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?