timed boosters as "gift" in Candy Royale....

Options
christinewupp
christinewupp Posts: 6,751 Level 5

Is my Sunflower game at level 800+ part of a test group and has anyone else experienced the new Candy Royale? If anyone reads this from King please note that this new idea is easily recognisable as a con to take control away from players, once again. Giving players timed boosters takes the choice away to play our own boosters. Anyone with a brain can recognise how this works:

So the King AI controls which timed boosters we are given, and we are always just given a single one at the start. The AI knows which levels are coming up, so it can give us those timed boosters which will stop us from playing our own pre level coconut wheels, fishes or lucky candies, which would likely make several pop up throughout the level.

Then all but the last level of my Candy Royale run were so easy to pass, it was ridiculous, if I weren't an experienced player I might think "Hey I am good at this!", while the gold reward never climbed into double figures. And then came the final level, level 900:

I might have played the lucky candy had I had the chance as this is a hard level. I could have waited three minutes, but as I'm more interested in testing theories than winning I played. My guess was the game was NOT going let me win this one. So predictable!

Of course I had to either give up, lose the measly 9 gold and my win streak or play my boosters, which as you can see Sunflower has not many of, because this game plays strictly by the rules of the game.

Why do King have this obsession with wanting to make the game so obviously fixed and pre determined it's no longer a game? Who are the control freaks in charge and is the aim to dumb down the game to the point where every player with half a brain quits?

Pretty rubbish payout. So from me this new Candy Royale definitely gets the 👎

Comments

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,722 Legend
    Options

I have got the modified Candy Royale as well @christinewupp and for me the change included having to complete ten levels instead of my usual seven. I didn't take much notice but wasn't there a notice that said that this version is only for a limited time?

I must admit that King's obsession with timed boosters is getting tiresome. Even the Daily Treat Machine delivers timed boosters in my game. That said at least they are 30 minute ones which I don't consider to be too bad.

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,751 Level 5
    Options

I agree with you that timed colour bombs and wrapped and striped candies are quite useful, since the games now gives out so few of them and you only ever get one at the beginnng. It's the timed coconut wheels, lucky candies and fishes that really annoy me! If you play those pre level from your inventory you get quite a few to help you pass the level, if those are timed then you only get one at the beginning which is useless and a lucky candy can even block you. I wish King would stop giving these out at all as they are not helpful but can even hamper our progress.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?