Legendary

Jls1993
Jls1993 Posts: 24 Level 2

“Legendary” is cover up word for “pay to win”.

Comments

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 8,551 Legend

Most levels in Candy Crush, but especially the legendary levels, are designed with King having total control over whether a player has a chance to pass or not. In the past, after so many tries at a level, the game would always allow you to pass by giving you what we call a "lucky" board. If you check out any YouTube videos of levels up to 10,000 you will see what I mean by "lucky" boards. These videos posted years ago make it especially obvious how the game is pre determined by algorithms because your game board now just won't ever play like the videos, even though at first glance the level looks the same.....🤔🧐.

King have given their tricks away by making it so obvious now. Since the introduction of legendary levels players at the higher ranges of Candy Crush no longer get lucky boards, effectively making these levels impossible to pass in the moves given without boosters. Most are even impossible to pass with win streak and/or starting boosters. The game will often give you a "near lucky" board though, which will leave players just one booster short to pass these levels, and it will offer players a pass eventually if they pay 10 gold for a hundred extra moves. The lessons I take home from this is:

The gameplay is fixed and controlled by King, there is minimal control by the player.

Many levels, especially those marked as legendary, are designed to be played using either boosters near the end of a level or gold bars to move on.

In my estimation the only (legitimate) way to succeed in Candy Crush since legendary levels were introduced is to use boosters wisely, hoard gold early on in the game when episode races are easy to win and then use this gold to buy boosters, again using them wisely to win more episode races. Anyone stuck with no gold and no boosters will be unable to get back on and keep a win streak, and so has lost their chance to have fun and enjoy the game.

If it's not fun, then it's time to quit. Many, many, already have.

• letuswin
    letuswin Posts: 62 Level 2
    edited October 2023

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?