O.O HAHAHAHAHAHA... win streak

Options

Comments

• nomi10
    nomi10 Posts: 5 Level 2
    Options

So true..it's stressful..I wong 3 streaks since day before n hvnt gt a single gold..I should have gt 120...dnt hv any boosters as no free videos come..it's so discriminating to gv some players videos n they keep on collecting unlimited boosters..my sis in law wth me n she keeps collecting unlimited by watching n feel so much envy seeing her...

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,960 Legend
    Options
  • christinewupp
    edited March 11
    Options

Hooray, they've got rid of the horrible test win streak already! In my game at least, this morning I have the old one back.

So NOW I'll start playing again. I wasn't going to while I had that horrible straight one.

• Pyrolight
    Pyrolight Posts: 884 Level 3
    Options

O.O Ya I had no idea the mobile streak was like that. I was thinking of the win app one that seems to have never changed ie (even if you got the new win streak graphics)

VS this one, the new 10/10 is "better". VS what you have in your picture, ya far worse.

Also mobile gets the nicest things :(.

• Rhonda_L
    Rhonda_L Posts: 542 Level 3
    Options

@christinewupp YAY for you!!! 👍 I'm happy I've never seen that "test" yet. Hard enough to get a streak of 5 for me now!

@Pyrolight I'm still confused with you saying Microsoft is a good influence in these King games. LOL Not busting your b**** or anything, but they finally got around to messing up CC Jelly. That was, until this morning, stress-free and relaxing! Not so much now. They've scr**** it up, just like they did CC Friends. Don't play Soda, so I don't know about that one.

All I know, in my experience and IMO, is that Microsoft is waaayyy worse than Activision ever was in scr***** with the game and its players.

Have a great day/night! Good luck Crushin' y'all!

• Pyrolight
    edited March 11
    Options

Sorta depends on how you look at it.

A lot of my context is from the win app version and what I have seen from Oct to now (Realistically closer it should be the last month or two to now), and I see it very differently.

Yes the mobile version is getting "worse" which is really just it being brought in line with the win app version. On the flip side I have seen the win app version getting better. The "difficultly" gap between the mobile/facebook and win app versions is shrinking.

It was Activision that absolutely made the older levels beyond ridiculous and it seems now (Microsoft) they might be getting adjusted to be more reasonable. The win streak change was an improvement for the win app version, ya downgrade for the mobile, though I didn't realize they had such a strong version of it. Other changes have been generally positive for the win app version. As I say from my perspective things have actually been improving of late.

I can't speak to other games.

Thinking about it, this all still could be, and probably is the strategic plan from Activision. Microsoft might not even have given King any directives yet, either directly or via Activision. It may well be into next year until we see any actual effect of Microsoft's ownership. If anyone has the inside scoop on that one would be curious.

• Rhonda_L
    Rhonda_L Posts: 542 Level 3
    Options

@Pyrolight I really do appreciate your prospective. I only play on a phone. Your insights and opinions are very valuable!

I, as well, would love to hear any inside scoop about what Microsoft is doing. IMO, they've jumped in willy-nilly and have changed all things King games. More so than Activision ever did. I've been playing for 10+ years, and have NEVER seen these changes that have happened in the past few months. It's just nuts.

I'll still log in every day to get my boosters. Maybe play a new level if the mood strikes me. (Lately it hasn't after that horrible Episode ending 15380) I'm still kinda struggling with the fact that in my Weekly Race, I'm playing against ppl that are on levels 2000 according to their banners!

Oh well, is what it is! Have a good day/night!

• Pyrolight
    Options

Ya could be Microsoft, could still be Activision, ie strategic plan for 2024, but from what I have been seeing on the forum, the mobile version and windows app version are being brought more inline. I think they are going to unify all the versions as much as they can.

Christine and other have mentioned that the game got much harder mid last year at the lower to mid levels. I can say from experience that the levels, especially starting in the 2000 are nightmarish compared to 3 or so years ago.

While I have never played at 15K, I suspect if those people are late 2K they are a fair match.

https://candycrush.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Nearly_impossible_levels Look at around 2600, it goes right off the rails as far as obscenely difficult levels go, the stuff in between is not fun either. The whole section 2600 -> 5K requires boosters now for the most part.

Someone at 6K is likely playing an easier game than 15K or 2K atm.

Now take everything I am saying with a grain of salt or ten.

• christinewupp
    Options

I think the levels 5000-6000 are not too bad. There were some good runs of keeping my win streak without too many boosters. Similar level 15,000 to 15,150 were surprisingly easy for me.

But King change the level difficulty all the time, and so much depends on what your win streak is like (thought I'll get back on topic....). There are two versions, and the one with two colour bombs on the top win streak is massively powerful and really enjoyable to play with. Once you get there all the levels become much easier. The level algorithms are often set so that if you are on a top win streak AND play starting boosters you win level after level after level quite easily. That seems to be part of the programming of how King control the gameplay. Sometimes however they catch a player out with win streak blocker levels, but there is usually only one or two per episode. Also, if you are on this top win streak and play pre level colour bomb as well (costs only 9 gold per half hour and they have a lot of events giving this timed booster as well, which I always try to utilise) sometimes two of the three colour bombs on my starting boards line up side by side. This is NOT random by any means: Some episodes they line up almost every time, some episodes I find they never line up at all. So either King have programmed that particular episode to be easy/harder to beat using win streak + CB strategy, or they have made the entire game easier for a day or two to get players to think "This game is fun". I'm still not sure which case is true.

• Pyrolight
    Options

Could well be both, nothing to say they could not have a day difficulty modifier and an episode difficulty modifier at the same time.

All it would really end up as is (very simplified):

Base difficulty + level difficulty modifier + episode difficulty modifier + day difficulty modifier + player difficulty modifier + streak length difficulty modifier + random modifier - streak size - boosters - failures in a row and so on and on.

If it feels like there is both, probably is.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?