Does offline play even work for All Stars?

Options
christinewupp
christinewupp Posts: 6,068 Level 5
edited April 22 in All Stars

There was the question if offline play is fair. But I now wonder if this even works during All Stars? I just happened to try to play on my garden bench with a game connected to the wrong wifi that won't reach out into the garden. And I got this:

I played a level, level 804 in fact, a nice one with lots of purple candies. When it was finished I got this:

Only 130 purple were added to my score. NO multiplier!?

I went back online. Still no change in my score.

I played a level online, got the 30x multiplier again. 3000 or so purple added to my score would account for that one level, but only the one level I played online. I was not ever given a multiplier for the level played offline.

I tried offline play again, this time two consecutive levels….again no multiplier.

Comments

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,068 Level 5
    Options

Can any of you verify this? Is there no multiplier for levels played offline? If that is so, then that will be game changer for All Stars 2024.

• Chrisputnam
    Chrisputnam Posts: 6 Level 2
    Options

I haven't been able to play offline at all for a few days now. Which really sucks because I usually play at work on downtime but I don't have service inside. Always worked before but now it doesn't at all. Seems I can only play while I have mobile service or wifi.

• Cowboy1983
    Cowboy1983 Posts: 39 Level 2
    Options

This has me nervous as to what players are actually playing off line. I am currently in 1st place by 600k points and I read that your score and progress does count offline on regular play but I am not sure about offline play.

If it does count, it is a really dirty or unsportmanslike action to use against someone who wants to play for good reasons.

I am infact, playing for my mom amd dad which they dont know about yet. If I can make the top 10, I dont care if I end up in last place, my mom and dad seriously need help with trying to get a new vehicle. So a majority of my winnins are going to go to pay or put a down payment on a elderly friendly and gas milage car. I love them botb and its because of them right now for donating money to me, that I am currently in 1st.

Players out there are way better than me and therefore, I have so much respect for those who are trying to win fair and square. Please do not hide or cheat. Be a respectable player and play fair. I know its a lot of money on the line, but you need to understand that some players are playing cause they need the help. They arent playing to rob you.

God bless everyone and have fun playing.

(No I do mot work for candy crush but I respect them 100% what they are doing)

• AkBigWigg
    AkBigWigg Posts: 24 Level 2
    Options

It does play it's just that it doesn't sync so when your are playing offline it any progress you make basically is for nothing so I recommend always connect t ok I'm internet if you want to progress

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?