⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

If players from Brazil need a visa for All Stars final why is Brazil included in event?

Options
christinewupp
christinewupp Posts: 6,070 Level 5

I am not myself from Brazil but am baffled as to why Brazil is included in the participating countries of All Stars when apparently to go to California they would need a visa. In 2023 the finals were held in the UK and I have checked: To enter the UK no visa is required for Brazilian nationals, so this would not have been an issue last year. But this year, surely, it will be? Please can King clarify if a player who requires a visa will there be enough time for them to apply for this once they have received their invite to the finals?

Answers

• ponce123
    ponce123 Posts: 85 Level 2
    Options

I tell you and confirm categorically that there is no time. I'm going through something similar. and I have already said what King must say in plenty of time. not a week before where the event or live final will be in order to give an opportunity to those who have to manage visas.

• christinewupp
    Options

I know @ponce123 and that is exactly why I am asking this question. I wouldn't want anyone to get to the position you found yourself in last year. There will be more time between the last round and the final this time but I also doubt it will be enough. That is why I ask the question. @PummyRaj perhaps you could check this out? I would seriously want to warn anyone from Brazil about this problem before they start spending huge sums of money thinking they might win the competition only to find that they won't be invited, no matter if they win their leaderboards. Not every player understands the full implications of the Terms and Conditions.

• PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 32,999 Candy Moderator
    Options

Thank you for the shout out, dear @christinewupp🙏

Yes, sure! I will find out and get back to you🍫🍫

• christinewupp
    Options

Thanks a lot. I always know we can rely on your help. Hope you will be able to find out the answers.

• VanessaBr
    VanessaBr Posts: 15 Level 2
    Options

Hello!! Thank you very much for this question, I'm Brazilian and I've never traveled to another country before, so I had forgotten about the visa issue, I hope it works out🙏

thanks again🙂

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,021 Legend
    Options

King must say in plenty of time. not a week before where the event or live final will be in order to give an opportunity to those who have to manage visas.

King has already informed everyone that needs a visa that they have from now until June to apply for one @ponce123 it is in the T&Cs

The only unknown is whether you will make it to the final or not.

That is, every player is responsible for their own paperwork and every player must ensure that they have all the necessary identification and travel documents ready before the final

The question everyone has to ask themselves is, is it worth the cost of getting all the travel and identification paperwork ready if you don't know if you will be in the final.

• Alienscar
    edited April 14
    Options

Not every player understands the full implications of the Terms and Conditions.

Nothing in the T&Cs indicates that you can't be eligible for the competition just because you need a visa @christinewupp Just the opposite in fact.

3.1.7. ensure that your participation in the Tournament is compliant with all applicable laws, and represent and warrant that you will take all steps necessary to ensure such compliance. King does not take responsibility for your compliance with local laws and visa requirements.

6.3.2. they and their Guest must hold a current and valid identity document with at least 6 months validity as of 1 June 2024 including but not limited to valid passport, driver’s license, national identity card or any necessary visa or other governmental authorization required for your participation in the Tournament;

6.3.3. they and their Guest (as applicable) are eligible and available to travel to California, USA within the period of 10 June to 22 June 2024 (exact dates to be promptly specified to the In-Game Winner), including but not limited to compliance with any visa and vaccination requirements;

• christinewupp
    edited April 14
    Options

Yes, but my original question was why is Brazil one of the few countries on the list of participating countries? No other country in South America is. Mexico, the Carribean, Central America aren't. Why then Brazil? For the past twelve months I always assumed that part of the reason participating countries were so limited was the practicality of any participant in those countries actually getting to attend a live final. Last year that held true: Citizens of all the participating countries only required a valid passport, no visa. If it is different this year it will cause a lot of disappointment and confusion, and dare I anticipate anger as well. The least we can do is warn people about it.

• Alienscar
    Options

Please can King clarify if a player who requires a visa will there be enough time for them to apply for this once they have received their invite to the finals?

Sorry @christinewupp I thought this was your question.

And the answer to that is players don't have to wait for the invite to the finals to apply for their visa. If they know they will need a visa to travel then in theory they could have applied as soon as the competition started. I suppose at the latest people could leave it until they get to the Final Knockout Round 1 and this then leaves from the 20th April until the 1st June to get a visa.

I always assumed that part of the reason participating countries were so limited was the practicality of any participant in those countries actually getting to attend a live final. 

I always assumed it was to do with world politics.

• christinewupp
    Options

World politics? Now we are entering murky waters. Better wait to see if we get an official answer to this one from King.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?