Strategy for Final Knockout Round : How to prepare

Options
christinewupp
christinewupp Posts: 6,067 Level 5

I will post my best advice for anyone in the final knockout round 1 here later on in the week. For now, all I will suggest to anyone who has not yet done so:

If you don't know what score you are capable of to achieve then please use the remainder of the current round to calculate it!

You absolutely must know what score you can personally achieve in one hour of crushing. This next round will a super hard marathon and none of us can crush for 24 hours without stopping. So you need to know if you can catch up or not, if it's within your capabilities or a lost cause.

Note your score on the leaderboard. Set a timer. Crush for an hour. Note your score on the leaderboard. Subtract one from the other and you have your personal score per hour.

Comments

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,067 Level 5
    edited April 17
    Options

If you made it to the final knockout rounds, great and well done!

But if you think that you are halfway to LA, then I'm sorry to disappoint, you are not. The next three rounds will be much tougher and very, very different from the first three rounds:

Leaderboards will be limited in number, so any players who starts to join the round late will be added to existing leaderboards. So don't wait! Start early on so you can see what the competitors are doing and what you need to achieve to stay in the running.

This next round will be a marathon. So please, make sure you don't stay up all night. You can't do this for the entire week, and you will crush better if you are well rested. Anyone who does make it to the final round on 27th-28th April will have to stay up for 24 hours to compete in that round, and you won't be able to do that if you are a zombie from too little sleep in the previous two rounds! Players WILL overtake you while you sleep. But the others will have to rest too at some point, so hopefully you'll overtake them then. I would recommend to stay just behind the leader, not go way up front. If you take the lead it risks that the scores will spiral upwards and upwards. Just make sure you stay close enough to know you can catch up. And if you see someone racing away with it who you won't catch up: Give up. Don't spend money on a hopeless cause. Don't kill yourself or neglect your loved ones on a hopeless cause.

If you need a visa to travel to the US (if you are from Brazil!) don't waste time or money trying to compete. King will not invite a player to the live finals who would need a visa and hasn't got it.

• amirmehar
    amirmehar Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

I'm from Spain and I'm sure I'll apply for the final but I'll need a visa to travel 😔

• juliana_BR
    juliana_BR Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

I feel blessed. I have my visa valid until the middle of 2025. Don't have to worry about it.

• gatorpaul1
    gatorpaul1 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

Well, it was fun while it lasted. It seems to have a realistic shot at making the final you can't be in school or have a job 😂. Thank you for your insights!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?