Concern

Options
sunnygirl1
sunnygirl1 Posts: 1 Newbie
edited April 25 in Discussions

I’ve been playing CC for years. At one point I was at level 3000 plus. I started over again because I realized it hot more difficult & was costly to pass levels. This was so much fun in the beginning. Even starting over at level 1 & now on 610. Some of these games are literally impossible to win unless you buy boosters &/or time. When I finally break down & buy boosters/time my goodness…..I pass the level. King is a business. Of course they want profit. Problem is, they’ve removed the fun & they’re hoping we’re all stupid & don’t see their game plan. The game has become unaffordable so I’ll be deleting the app, unless of course someone from King can help me to understand why things have changed so greatly. Thank you

Comments

• Pyrolight
    Pyrolight Posts: 856 Level 3
    Options

Mostly it was due to the covid bump and the general logic that you have to always make more money than the year before. When this doesn't happen, the bean counters get angry and the bosses tend to try to find ways to make more money.

This usually ends up with trying to squeeze more money out of the players. The problem is people have far less money than after 2020 and are far less willing to part with what they have.

King was bought by Activision/Blizzard who's CEO… he liked money a whole lot and basically anything they touched ended up as a insane money grab. It worked in 21 and part of 22 but after that it started to fail which caused him to double down and make it even worse.

Long and short greed led to the lower levels being in the … interesting state they are now.

That being said, King has been making very positive changes to the lower levels though it is not nearly enough to fix the previous damage. This might have been due to the new CEO for acti/bliz or the face Microsoft bought King and realized the previous tactic was beyond foolish.

TLDR; Greed by the company that bought King years ago.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?