New Inventory Update - Edited by CM: Not and issue but a temporary test!

Options

Comments

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,942 Legend
    edited June 4
    Options

How am I supposed to purchase timed colour bombs and timed wrap/stripe boosters @QueenB ? The only way I know how to do this is via my inventory. It is cheaper to buy a half hour of timed boosters than using singular boosters. So you are telling us we have to use up our stock of boosters before we can purchase timed boosters? We can't spend gold to buy anything while we still have any in stock? It's like having to run out of food before going to the supermarket!?. It's not what people do! Having no inventory is ruining my playing strategy and I do not wish to continue to play the game without it.

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,904 Legend
    edited June 4
    Options

I can't see why this would benefit the players one bit!

I think a lot of people will agree with you @cazybb and I am struggling to see what it is King are testing. When it comes to King and changes that we don't understand it generally comes down to saving memory or increasing their monetary intake.

As an alternative viewpoint though I must admit it wouldn't bother me too much if the Inventory disappeared. I realised after reading the posts about the Inventory page disappearing that I don't actually use it for anything. All of my pre-game boosters are free and I have never purchased any with gold. When I use my gold to purchase in-game boosters I do so in level and not the Inventory.

• christinewupp
    Options

Another point has come to mind @QueenB : We are supposed to be able to play this game offline and if we can't access our inventory to buy enough boosters to last us long enough, such as when I go on a train journey without internet connection, then how can I stock up with enough boosters to play offline?

This is to illustrate my point, by showing what I get in my new main game:

I can view my inventory (all boosters earned honestly through events, mostly "challenge a friend" for the UFOs)

I don't have enough colour bombs or stripe/wraps to play an entire episode off line. So I might want to stock up on these before my journey, but only the inventory allows me to do this. If I go into the game itself, it will not allow me to choose to purchase any boosters I still have any of. The only place to purchase starting boosters would then be this screen, and so long that I still have one all I can do is tick or untick it. I also cannot choose to purchase unlimited lives for 69 gold without the inventory. Or am I missing something????

Please make sure every player gets their inventory! Without it offline play is not possible and I cannot play using my strategy. So far, luckily only the game which I am happy to abandon at level 16,221 is affected.

• ali12345ALI
    ali12345ALI Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited June 8
    Options

*Edited by CM: 😳 You seem to be lost and in the wrong thread! Please keep it in topic - Our House Rules

• kiara_wael
    kiara_wael Posts: 150,763 Candy Moderator
    edited June 8
    Options

*Edited by CM: 😳 You seem to be lost and in the wrong thread! Please keep it in topic - Our House Rules

• Jake93
    Jake93 Posts: 10 Level 2
    edited June 7
    Options

Why can't I use gold bars to buy boosters anymore? When I click on my profile picture the boosters aren't there anymore.

• christinewupp
    edited June 7
    Options

Hello @Jake93 I am having exactly the same issue and I did bring this to the attention of the community manager. Apparently we are part of a test group but why they would think that to stop players buying boosters or spending their gold is a good idea, heaven knows. Check out this thread on the same issue:

Please can someone look into this @PummyRaj and @QueenB . It is the stupidest thing CandyCrush have done to players lately. We WANT to spend out gold to buy boosters. So why would King want to stop us doing this?????

• christinewupp
    edited June 7
    Options

This is not true. I can NOT buy anything in the shop with gold bars. This is what I see when I go to the shop:

I can NOT buy anything from my inventory with gold bars either. No inventory:

The result:

I cannot buy anything with my 4374 gold bars. Why exactly are King stopping us from spending our gold on buying boosters? You want me to go to the shop and buy more gold bars with real money? What for? Gold cannot be spent without having the inventory screen.

• PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 36,201 Candy Moderator
    edited June 7
    Options

Hello @ali12345ALI🤗 A Warm Welcome to the King Community!

I am sorry to hear about the issue in your game!

Can you please explain what is happening when you try to use Gold? Are you seeing a pop-up that says "no connection" or a constant spinning circle? The more details you provide, the better assistance we can be!

To reply back, you can simply type below🍫🍫

• rcerenzio
    rcerenzio Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited June 7
    Options

when will the viewing of booster balance inventory being restored? Not very happy about this at all?

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?