Reporting a Cheat

FordPrefect
FordPrefect Posts: 1 Newbie

Like to report a cheat ….

Tanu can’t have done this legit

Comments

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 8,596 Legend

It's an error in this event which has often been reported. King don't seem to be able to fix this but to report this you will have to contact player support, not here, we are just other players just like yourself. Go into settings in your game then press the ? icon and scroll through the options until you see "contact us" at the bottom.

• I’ve encountered the same thing with this player named FunFun from Thailand blatantly cheating weekly contest after weekly contest. Once he had over 45000 “wins”!!! I’ve been cheated out of wining by this player multiple times now. I carefully reported this to player support and the person gave some canned response saying they will “take it on board” (of course it’s clear that they don’t care and won’t do anything about it). I find that so ridiculously disrespectful to all the other players (myself included) who play by the rules. Especially with the Music Season coming up now. It’s not just virtual points that are being lost, but real life prizes. Even if these cheaters get disqualified from winning it, them winning contests now means that they’re lowering other people’s chances of winning Music Season, since they prevent them from accumulating boosters and gold bars that would surely prove useful in the upcoming contest. I’m seriously considering stopping playing CC altogether because of the sheer disrespect with which this company treats its legit players. Shame on you, King!

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 8,596 Legend
    edited September 26

Hello @saccharineheroine Welcome to the community!

The fault of these impossible scores in the weekly contest lies entirely with King and I just wish to point this out here. There is a repeating error in the way the weekly contest is run. Occasionally accounts get merged and lead to such impossible scores. I am not sure if you are aware but the selection of players you see in the weekly contest is entirely up to King and is not random but players are picked according to what the King AI decides is "challenging" for us. Usually they use players from our friends list and then place one added player on our boards so that we are forced to play more levels in order to win. The other players do not see us in their weekly contests, they are given an entirely different set of competitors to complete again.

For some reason there seems to be computer glitch at King's servers which will display impossible scores. I remember about a year ago a person noted and reported here that this had appeared to her own game and her own score showed up in the thousands. I have also experienced this myself when I had played a new unsaved game and later saved it to my King account, which is not against the rules. Both scores got merged.

It would appear that some players do take this to an extreme and play so many accounts that merge that these nonsense scores somehow get formed. I do not believe that they do this deliberately to hurt any other player but just to beat the game, which is manipulated to extract money and for many the only way to play is now to find such ways to turn the tables on a game designed to control how we play. The other players are unaware that you are being cheated out of your weekly win by them.

As for the Music Season leaderboards, I do believe King have systems in place to eliminate such players at an early stage now.

Regarding the weekly race event King have been made aware of impossible scores for months, repeatedly, and seem unable to fix this problem. I do wonder if the recent change that allows players who come second and third to still win the big three week chest is in response to these complaints and in fact an admission of their failings.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?