⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Hissing Sound when using the app

Options
andreawills
andreawills Posts: 2 Newbie

I noticed for months now that there is a hissing sound when I launch the app. The sound and music is turned off and I am using a iPhone 10x with 13.4.1

Answers

• jessica123
    jessica123 Posts: 155 Level 3
    Options

U might need a new phone it don’t sound safe

• Crazy Cat Lad
    Crazy Cat Lad Posts: 14,123 Community Manager
    Options

Hi @andreawills and welcome to our Community!

We have not had any other similar reports yet, but I will notify the Game Team about this.

Please keep the app updated to get all fixes to the game.

• Swiftless
    Swiftless Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Hi @Crazy Cat Lad,

+1 to a hissing sound. iPhone X iOS 13.3.1.

I always play with music and sound effects off and noticed within the last week a constant looping hissing sound while Candy Crush is open.

Goes away the instant I move out of the app, comes back the instant I go back into it.

Doesn't affect any other apps.

• nighthawk663
    nighthawk663 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

+1 to this as well.

The hissing has a definite clipped loop sound to it, about 1 second long.

I also have sounds and music turned off in app.

When the phone is fully silenced with the manner mode switch, the sound is gone, but when I turn manner mode back off, the hissing is evident. It is not loud, but does seem tied to the iPhone volume controls--if I turn the sound down, the hissing fades as well. At full volume, it can easily be heard and it's terribly obvious if you hold the speaker up to your ear.

No other apps affected--it's definitely a bug in Candy Crush.

iPhone 12 pro, iOS 14.2.1. Candy Crush version 1.191.0.2

• FlaringCrystal120
    FlaringCrystal120 Posts: 3,056 Level 5
    Options

Hi everyone welcome!

Candy Crush Saga heats up the iPhones. It also discharges the battery fast. Be careful! Make sure you do not play Candy Crush Saga while your iPhone is plugged in the outlet especially when it is overheating.

As far as the Screen Brightness that is the effect of overheating. Sometimes the screen blinks or flickers.

Thank you and happy crushing.

• wykoon
    wykoon Posts: 12,697 Community Hub Moderator
    Options

Hi there @nighthawk663 and thanks for reporting this issue again since the last player reported it on 1 May 2020.

I'm going to tag our SU @bearwithme who use iPhone and see if she comes across such issue.

Thank you for reporting and hope the sound doesn't affect the game play. For the time being, I suggest that you disabled all the sounds in the game and of the device whilst playing CCS.

Please let us know if you need help with other issues in the game ☺️

• Tzvi_Marcu
    Tzvi_Marcu Posts: 2,567 Level 5
    Options

I never use the sound when I play Candy Crush Saga, I prefer it quiet.

• bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 16,029 Candy Moderator
    Options

Thanks for the tag @wykoon. What an interesting issue. I had an IPhone X for 3 + years and just got my iPhone 12 pro max last month and I never had that issue. I always have the sound affects and music off when I play and have never experienced that issue with either phone.

However the CM said he would report it to the studio. So we’ll see if they have received other reports of this same issue.

• ashidhingra
    ashidhingra Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

+1.

my phone is not overheating or plugged in. My iOS is upto date and i am running the latest CC version.

• jaylaischilling
    jaylaischilling Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited January 2021
    Options

Hi there,

I have the hissing issue on my iPhone 12 Pro Max too, iOS 14.3. However I don’t see any overheating problem.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?