Political Affiliations

Options
DamagingDaryl
DamagingDaryl Posts: 8 Pro Player 👑
edited July 2021 in Discussions

I play King games to pass the time, have fun etc. What I will not do is play King games nor spend money on them when King uses famous people who support unpopular politics. I want no political icons or affiliations to politics in gaming. Either remove them like LeBron James and Breyers Ice Cream or I cancel all my in game spending and accounts.

Comments

• Fences
    Fences Posts: 1,122 Level 4
    Options

I think cancelling your spending and accounts is better. King is not going to change their minds and remove those events. @DamagingDaryl

• Crazy Cat Lad
    Crazy Cat Lad Posts: 14,123 Community Manager
    Options

Hi @DamagingDaryl !

I moved your feedback from Ideas to Discussions.

Your feedback on this has been passed on to the Game Team as well.

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 13,777 Legend
    edited July 2021
    Options

@DamagingDaryl Do you vote? If you do then what I get from your post is that you disagree with any opinion that isn't yours. What I mean by that is that everyone has political affiliations, so by your logic everything should just be cancelled.

I have never heard of LeBron, or Breyers, so I don't see any issue.

Racism isn't a political issue it is a social problem.

Your money your choice, but that just means you are putting your political affiliations first. Good on you for doing what you think is right, but each to their own.

Changed my mind about all the above.

@Pounawea @Crazy Cat Lad please close this discussion as it is plainly against the House Rules. No Discussion that has the title Political Affiliations can be anything but political in nature.

House Rules

• Discussions of politics and religion are not allowed.
    • Don't incite complaints, campaign or lobby.

• maryjane117
    maryjane117 Posts: 537 Level 3
    Options

Agree 💯 with all of it and yes, this should be closed as it really is not a Candy Crush discussion and will only get worse the longer it's up.

• DamagingDaryl
    Options

Gaming does not need to be immersed in political ads by the businesses that dev and host games. The posts here about wanting to not remove politics shows arrogance in those who believe politics is a way of life. That's just sad. But hey, everyone has an opinion and you know what's they say about opinions....

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 13,777 Legend
    edited July 2021
    Options

That is the thing though, an advert for Space Jam featuring LeBron is in no way political. It is only the people saying I will not play Candy Crush because of LeBron that are bringing politics into it.

Additionally you seem to be saying that politics doesn't effect your everyday life, but here you are posting a discussion with the title 'political affiliations'.

I do indeed know what they say about opinions, so therefore I am right.😀

• DamagingDaryl
    Options

I say what I mean and mean what I say. If yall want to read more into this go ahead. Simply stating that a game does not need to display high profile politically and or infamous people who are not well liked because of their politics or antics. Why would anyone defend ads of any kind unless you're the recipient of cash for placing ads. Why be mindless robots just accepting what anyone puts before you. THINK!

• maryjane117
    maryjane117 Posts: 537 Level 3
    Options

He plays BASKETBALL and is not a politician....

You make it political on your own, I just play candy crush and move on.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?