changes that might lose player's interest in playing candy crush

Options
remeecenteno
remeecenteno Posts: 11 Level 2

king is making it really hard for every player 😢 it started on board you cant change at the start of the game, you cant build a bot in going back to 606 or other levels, sugar drops was gone.. what's next king?

Comments

• kiara_wael
    kiara_wael Posts: 145,422 Candy Moderator
    Options

Hi @remeecenteno . Welcome to our Community 🙎‍♀️

Sorry for the incovenience about the game

Some features have been removed from the game and some changes have been made to improve the game.So if something is missing in the game, stay tuned since it means that a new features will soon come up!

You will find more information HERE.

• Mindey
    Mindey Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options

I think King do not improve the game by changes. They certainly don't reward loyal customers!

Most of my friends no longer play.

King took away board change option

King reduced customer incentive amount of gold bars from 60 to 30 in your pig purchase at £2.99. You earned 60 gold bars for winning games. It took time to reach 60 then King take 30 off you.

Now King changed from everyone getting this offer to only some random customers on some days getting it. How bad is that. How does that make for fair play.

I haven't brought it since that change because when I do wish to buy it, it' is no longer available.

If King think this will sell the piggy bank quicker it's not working for me.

King is a ruthless money chasing business that has lost it customer focus.

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,049 Legend
    edited November 2021
    Options

Hello @Mindey I haven't been playing Candy Crush for that long, so I have never seen the option to change the board. Even though I have never seen it I can fully understand how beneficial something like that must have been. I can't really think of any good reason for King to remove this helpful feature from the game. As you say King seem to have lost all sense of what their customers want, and I don't see how it would harm them to bring back the board preview feature.

Fairness is a funny thing and changes based on individual circumstances. The Piggy Bank is a good example of this. I have never seen the sixty gold bar Bank in my game and I only became aware of it after people started to complain about its loss. From my point of view then I did not find it fair that people were getting twice as much gold as me for the same cost. Maybe King were trying to be fair by doing away with this discrepancy, but I can't help thinking that from a customer point of view the best change would have been to give everyone the 60 gold bar Piggy Bank.

It might not come to anything Mindey, but if you would like to see something similar to the board cgange option there is an idea running in the idea area that you might like to vote on. Here is a link to it.

• maryjane117
    maryjane117 Posts: 537 Level 3
    Options

I agree, I haven't played in about a month or so due to being frustrated more often than enjoying myself. Like @Alienscar mentioned, King has lost sight of what their loyal players want and that's a shame. I have found other games that are actually fun and levels that are actually beatable lol.

• Michael-6
    Michael-6 Posts: 987 Level 3
    edited November 2021
    Options

@Alienscar- 'change the board' meant that you could open a level and, as long as you didn't make a move, you could quit and it didn't cost you a life. It was very useful when you had win streak boosters, as you could keep quitting a level until the boosters were lined up in a useful fashion- typically CB+CB or CB+wrapper. It is a shame King got rid of that ability, but i remember at the time it was claimed it was in response to player feedback. That explanation was pure, Grade-A bullplop!

• Spieler_8675309
    Spieler_8675309 Posts: 4,308 Level 5
    Options

And if any of you wondered what it was like to change/reset the board (but never personally experienced it):

Maybe just read the first few pages; but if you wanna read the whole thing, that's on you...

• Alienscar
    Options

Man I can't believe that the board change feature was labelled a glitch, so that it could be fixed.

Funny how they always seem to fix the 'glitches' that benefit the players quickly whilst real glitches such as server errors, Episode Race, and lost Facebook friends go on for months

The fact that the board change being removed generated more pages of comments than Khloe and LeBron combined speaks volumes.

• sloindwn
    sloindwn Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options

No longer do I just compete on the weekly board with just friends and family which was fun, now I compete with random strangers who have names that no self-respecting parent would name their child. Are they real or just there to screw up our lives? seems like a good way to sell lives and boosters to me. Why do you have to be like that? I was enjoying the competition with my friends. Now no longer.

• Alienscar
    Options

@sloindwn I wish I had an answer for you. It is apparent from all of the posts like yours that something has changed and King has decided to add random players to the Leader Boards/Weekly Contest of those that play through Facebook. There has been no explanation or announcement for this change, but it is plainly unpopular.

I suppose if everyone that had posted on this site about the addition of random players to their Weekly Contest had contacted King instead then maybe something might have been done about the change. King being King and tone deaf to their customers requirements I doubt it though.

• katipancz
    katipancz Posts: 15 Level 2
    edited November 2021
    Options

Candy Crush became a big sad money grabbing joke! I never bought anything in all my years of playing but I enjoyed playing until recently. I guess I can be written off for that reason but I don't understand why they are screwing with their paying customer base. Bad bad bad Candy.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?