why does the game freeze at the sugar drop screen after each game?

Options
Laura_G
Laura_G Posts: 1 Newbie

After EVERY game, the sugar drop summary screen pops up and it freezes. Doesn't allow me to collect any of the "rewards" for the sugar drops earned, and I am having to reboot my phone after every game or uninstall/install candy crush on my phone. Please advise 

Describe your question in more detail here (at least 80 characters please)

Answers

• Wunderbaum
    Wunderbaum Posts: 4,398 Level 5
    Options

Hi Laura!

Which version of the game do you have installed? I suggest you update to the latest version here: 

https://itunes.apple.com/en/app/candy-crush-saga/id553834731?mt=8 or

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.king.candycrushsaga&hl=en

Cheers :-)

• CMockensturm
    CMockensturm Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

I have the same problem.  My game is updated.

• JoanH07
    JoanH07 Posts: 7 Level 2
    Options

Same problem here and yes, I have the most recent version.  In fact I didn't have this problem until I downloaded the most recent version.  So now I'm stuck without the bonuses I've earned. Since I reached the maximum number of candies, my 8 hour hold should have started but it hasn't either... so I won't be able to begin to earn new candies when At the time I should be able to.  FIX THIS, King!  (Although of course I will lose the unclaimed bonuses if you fix this and I have to download a new version, right?)

• Travis&ShannaG
    Travis&ShannaG Posts: 8 Level 2
    Options

I am having the same problem and I'm updated to latest version!! I'm not getting any of my prizes, it just freezes and I have to get out of game and reload!! Help

• JoanH07
    Options

So here's the latest.  Last night I went into the game and the candy track showed that I had 8 hours before I could collect candies again. I played a few games...no candy dispenser, nothing stuck.  The problem appeared to be fixed, except that I was never credited for the bonuses I'd earned prior to the dispenser being stuck, and despite not being able to collect any candies for several days, I was put onto the 8 hour cool down.  Oh well.  This morning I signed on and found the welcoming message that I could get back onto the candy track and start collecting candies again.  Great!  I was eager to see if the dispenser would actually work.  So I click to start a game, and immediately the candy track comes up, showing that I'm on cool down and can't collect candies for 8 hours.  What??? 

This is obviously not working!!!  We'll see what happens in another 8 hours but I'm placing my bets that I'll again go from one 8 hour cool down straight into another 8 hour cool down, without being able to play/collect candies in between.

• Dave_Fuller
    Dave_Fuller Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited June 2015
    Options

I believe this problem happens because when you hit the bonus screen for a sugar drop level, you need to be connected to the WIFI. Seems to freeze when on standalone, most probably because the game is trying to contact a server online and if no WIFI is present it just stalls. King need to figure out how to manage this feature remotely.

Edit: Just tested my theory. Ipad at work was standalone and was freezing at the reward screen constantly. Tethered it to my phone so it had WIFI and it worked like a charm. This feature requires WIFI and King need to find a workable solution to bypass the needs for WIFI because presently it makes the game very non user friendly if using it for extended periods without WIFI like a flight for example. 

• JoanH07
    Options

Ah, if only it was that simple. No, my screen froze when I was connected.  I would understand if this function didn't work without WIFI but that's not the issue here.  After my last post here my game unfroze for a few rounds of play and then froze up again.  Now it seems to be working again.  We will see what the future holds.

I notice that since the last Candy Crush update this problem has been mentioned many times by many people both on this forum and in the review section on the app site.  Some people have mentioned the problem over the past few days, since my own issues have resolved.  So clearly this is one of those hit and miss things that isn't affecting everyone and is affecting different people at different times.  But the problem is real and unfortunately it's not simply related to whether or not one is connected to the Internet.

• Coop_
    Coop_ Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

I believe this problem happens because when you hit the bonus screen for a sugar drop level, you need to be connected to the WIFI. Seems to freeze when on standalone, most probably because the game is trying to contact a server online and if no WIFI is present it just stalls. King need to figure out how to manage this feature remotely.

Edit: Just tested my theory. Ipad at work was standalone and was freezing at the reward screen constantly. Tethered it to my phone so it had WIFI and it worked like a charm. This feature requires WIFI and King need to find a workable solution to bypass the needs for WIFI because presently it makes the game very non user friendly if using it for extended periods without WIFI like a flight for example. 

I'm on wifi and it still freezes for me.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?