⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Fix the order of operations!!!

Options
JeffMakesGames
JeffMakesGames Posts: 115 Level 3

Let me say, CCS is a fun game but what irritates me is how it seems to order certain events.

First off, candy matches.  The game should actually 'WAIT' until all the candies have settled down before doing checks for matching.  So many times, I could have had a vertical match of 5 and had a Color Bomb, but the game quickly matches 4 of the candies into a striped candy.  The code should get looked at and updated so that it actually waits for candies to land and all settle before considering making a power-up.

And lastly, because of the game not apparently waiting and whatever order the game executes events in, there are many times that I could have removed Candy Bombs, but because the game doesn't wait, it considers that the bomb has indeed reached ZERO, and the level is failed.  I have two cases of this:

1) Jelly Fish.  I once made a small match of 3 to trigger a Jelly Fish to swim off screen.  Doing this, a bomb has reached zero and the candies all settled before the fish had swam off the screen.  Once the fish has left the screen... "THE BOMB IS ABOUT TO EXPLODE!" pops-ups and with this up, I see the 3 Jelly Fish swimming back on screen and hitting certain candies behind the banner.  There was a chance one of those 3 fish could have swam back and landed on the bomb, but the game didn't wait for this check.

2) UFOs.  The same as above.  I activated a UFO with a bomb reaching zero.  "THE BOMB IS ABOUT TO EXPLODE!" appears as the UFO moves slowly, but it doesn't get to zap any wrapped candies onto the board because of this.

Please consider taking a look at the overall code of the game and make adjustments so that levels aren't accidentally being failed.  Thanks. :)

Answers

• aCe
    aCe Posts: 1,442 Level 2
    Options

Jeff, this is a game to enjoy, if you're thinking this much into it then I don't think you're playing it for the right reasons anymore. It's a casual game so don't think to deeply about it, just enjoy it, if you don't pass a level or something happens then you get another free play right away. That's my 2 cents anyway :) 

• JeffMakesGames
    JeffMakesGames Posts: 115 Level 3
    Options

Oh, I do enjoy this game.  It's just that I find some faults with its programming.

I would say that they need to add additional variables (true/false statements) or re-organize the code to better check for certain cases and events.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?